Estes E rocket ignitors?

Are Estes E rocket ignitors any different than A - D? I read that they need a special launch system, but the one they recommend uses 4
AA batteries like the normal controller. Is it just the length of the leads? -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Identical igniters. Longer wires are required to comply with Fire Code.
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=18456
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showpost.php?p=164276&postcount=6
On Tue, 3 May 2011 13:14:18 -0700 (PDT), shreadvector

I like what I read in one post about replacing the wire with a thicker gauge and it will fire off two or three ignitors in a cluster. I have a mile of lamp cord and might just do that. Oh, and lengthen the leads.
Thanks for the effort.