Source for Estes SR-71 nose cone?

Anyone know where I can find a replacement nose cone for an Estes SR-71 model rocket? I know I can buy a whole kit from Ebay for $30 or
so, but I was hoping to just get another nose cone to replace the one I munged up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
In article

Have you tried calling Estes? I've had (some) success in obtaining parts for kits no longer in the catalog. The SR-71 kit hasn't been gone THAT long, and I believe the nose cone was used on a couple of other kits, too.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that was the first thing I tried. I emailed the customer service link on their website, and received the following response:
Hello,
Im sorry we no longer have access to raw parts as they are stored in China. However, the kit has been discontinued for 2 years.
Christine Estes Customer Service
I was hoping that someone might have some spares stashed somewhere, but I suppose not. Sigh.
puked:

The alternative is to get a block of balsa and carve your own. It shouldn't be that difficult if you have a little skill in that area... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?