When is a cloned kit a cloned kit?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering.......

I bought a Big Bertha many years ago. With time I lost the 2 part nose cone of mentioned kit. Recently I found an original 2 part nose cone used for the Big Bertha on eBay. Since the nose cone isn't from the original kit but is an original Estes item, would the model be defined as a clone kit now?

To further my thoughts; I've got original decals from the past but missing several other parts like body tubes, couplers ... from certain kits. If I use the missing parts taken from others kits of that time period is the end product considered original or has it become a clone kit?

Thanks :-)

Leo My complete rocket fleet @

-> "Rockets"

Reply to
Leo

Don't obsess Leo. Build it and fly it!

Ted

Reply to
R Ted Phipps

A clone is 100% reproduced from not original parts. I would consider replacing a missing nose cone with an identical part to be a "repair". Which only matters if you're going to sell the kit, in which case you should say so.

Bob Kaplow

Thanks for the replies and wise cracks ;-)

I feel a lot better as I'm not into "clones".

It's gotta be the original as with all things in life ;-)