What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?

Aloha, What is everyone working on now? Any fun sounding projects? I am still screwing around with an L3 project. It is a 7.5"diameter Kilter
missile. I have also been playing around with the idea of seeing how light I could build a 10" Harpoon. I think it would be interesting to have it light enough to fly well on a K motor.
Take Care, Larry
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Carbon_Parts /
Just ordered the parts for a 7.5in rocket. It will have a 6in MMT ;-)
Mostly so I can swap mounts between clusters or single motors.
RDH8

Great minds think alike :-)
I am meeting with a club member Saturday for the parts for my L3 rocket. He is going to fiberglass the 7.5 inch phenolic tubes for me (for a price) but it will save me time in the long run. Six inch host for the same reasons you stated (you can always adapt down and clusters are cool). Trying to decide if NAR or Tripoli will be easier to certify since I'm in SE Alabama. No close by TAP members...at least a six hour drive.
Just finished my third rebuild of the Launch Pad plan pack RIM-67A, with an improved mechanical setup for sustainer ignition. We have a launch coming up this Saturday and it looks like partly cloudy and 75 degrees, South winds less than 10 MPH.
John
--

John Stein KC4RLL
NAR 74335 Sr L2

YA! Thats it. RDH8

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

Frame mounted fairing for my '81 GS450S.
--
Tweak

I'm "recycling" my old EZI-65's payload section into an in-line 3 cluster rocket so I can get in some experience with air starting. I'll need that for a multi-stage I've built. There's the HyperLOC-300 I'll use for my Level 2, after I study some more for the written test. It won't hurt to get in some "I" flights for the experience while I get up my gumption for that (then I'll pull out my FX grain). I'm going to see if the one fellow in the club with an 18mm casing would like some of my reloads in exchange for flying my Fatboy on a "big" D motor ;-) Ordered them at the time thinking they were SU's, there's a deal in the offing methinks. And if there's a clear day and an open field somewhere when I'm free.........
Chuck
This is Texas. We fly all year. :-) Winter lasts for about 5 days.

This is Arizona. Winter? What winter?
--
...The Bit Eimer NAR 84054 L0
"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my cat thinks he is"

This is Wisconsin. And we are still nuts enough to fly year round. Gotta love launching on frozen lakes, especially when you are out there and you hear a thunderous crack(not the ice breaking but the ice freezing deeper).

Called my brother in Dallas on Christmas. It was colder there than MA and he had snow :-) RDH8

Kilter
light
writes:

o Boston wins the world series!
o Hell freezes over!
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, except to encourage attendance in Christian churches; or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, except to require prayer in schools; or abridging the freedom of speech, except for those questioning the Bush administration; or of the press, except that not owned by Rupert Murdoch; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, except those protesting pre-emptive wars; and to petition the government for a redress of grievance, except those we don't like." -former U.S. Sen. Gary Hart

At least the world has not imploded. HPR magazine is still over promising and underdelivering and openly tolerated by TRA BOD year after year.
At least TRA TMT is stil demanding ATF LEMP so ALL certified motors are "born regulated" so they can sue ATF for "something".
At least the HPR marketplace is STILL contracting and asking where are them AT motors?
At least nothing is changing and nobody in authority at a club is doing anything substantial about it.
Jerry

And ..
At least Jerry is still making accusations he either refuses to prove or can't prove.
At least Jerry does nothing to improve any of the situations he thinks need to change.
At least Jerry still sits on his ass and whines.

It is obvuoious HPR promises more than it delivers year after year. Nobody refutes it.
Do you?
It is obvious TRA endorses HPR year after year anyway. Nobody refutes it.
Do you?
It is obvious TRA REQUIRES ATF LEMP for motors to be certified. Nobody refutes it. A judge has ruled it wrong.
Do you?
I am banned, blackballed, demembershipized, decertified specifically so I cannot do something about it. Nobody refutes it.
Do you?

Why do you keep turning on topic threads into the typical Jerry Wackathons? You would be doing others a favor by starting a new thread so they can have on topic discussions.

I replied to

What did that have to do with, "What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?"??

No.
No.
A judge has not said that. Explain how you can manufacturer something on the explosives list (APCP) without a LEMP. If I'm wrong, why don't you start making motors again?

You can do something about it. You have been told that if say you are sorry & won't do what you were tossed for again, you can get back in. Also if you abide by TMT requirements, you can get motors certified again.

The usual answers to your usual accusations. Are you bored today? I figure that or you forgot your medicine are why you usually bring this up.
Did you pay that Big Fine yet?
Phil Stein wrote:

Phil, did they give you special lessons in avoiding the real issue? The real issue is that TMT's precious little "requirements" may very well be WRONG WRONG WRONG!
(Normally I wouldn't be _quite_ so vituperative, but you did change the subject line to say "FLAME THREAD", so I'm gonna give you what you asked for.)
-dave w