What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?

That's just plain cool!

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

At least the world has not imploded. HPR magazine is still over promising and underdelivering and openly tolerated by TRA BOD year after year.

At least TRA TMT is stil demanding ATF LEMP so ALL certified motors are "born regulated" so they can sue ATF for "something".

At least the HPR marketplace is STILL contracting and asking where are them AT motors?

At least nothing is changing and nobody in authority at a club is doing anything substantial about it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Electrically QC'd Rocketflite leads dipped igniters with a strong battery.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LPR:

Semroc Goliath Quest Super Cruiser Semroc Hydra 7 Art Applewhite Stealth Squirrel Works Red Baron ASP WAC Corporal Sunward CFX-3

Bigger stuff:

Highly modified Rebel Mini Pirate " " Vaughn Brothers BoB 'Revenge of Blackjack'

Electronic Engineering Degree....

'Working on' in the loosest possible sense (in the case of the rockets at least). Last time I tried painting anything in a cold garage in winter it wasnt pretty!

Niall

Reply to
Niall Oswald

And ..

At least Jerry is still making accusations he either refuses to prove or can't prove.

At least Jerry does nothing to improve any of the situations he thinks need to change.

At least Jerry still sits on his ass and whines.

Reply to
Phil Stein

It is obvuoious HPR promises more than it delivers year after year. Nobody refutes it.

Do you?

It is obvious TRA endorses HPR year after year anyway. Nobody refutes it.

Do you?

It is obvious TRA REQUIRES ATF LEMP for motors to be certified. Nobody refutes it. A judge has ruled it wrong.

Do you?

I am banned, blackballed, demembershipized, decertified specifically so I cannot do something about it. Nobody refutes it.

Do you?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why do you keep turning on topic threads into the typical Jerry Wackathons? You would be doing others a favor by starting a new thread so they can have on topic discussions.

Reply to
Phil Stein

No.

No.

A judge has not said that. Explain how you can manufacturer something on the explosives list (APCP) without a LEMP. If I'm wrong, why don't you start making motors again?

You can do something about it. You have been told that if say you are sorry & won't do what you were tossed for again, you can get back in. Also if you abide by TMT requirements, you can get motors certified again.

The usual answers to your usual accusations. Are you bored today? I figure that or you forgot your medicine are why you usually bring this up.

Did you pay that Big Fine yet?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Phil, did they give you special lessons in avoiding the real issue? The real issue is that TMT's precious little "requirements" may very well be WRONG WRONG WRONG!

(Normally I wouldn't be _quite_ so vituperative, but you did change the subject line to say "FLAME THREAD", so I'm gonna give you what you asked for.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I have over and over. The 27 CFR 555.141-a-8 exemption is an exemption from the entirety of "Part55" which includes manufacturing permits and the explosives list itself.

Dickenson laid out the details in a post portions of which I have reposted several times. You ignored it then too.

I did that. I posted it on the internet so it was VERY CLEAR I did that.

I was not reinstated.

I was invited to admit guilt to entirely new false charges and to admit to crimes I did not commit. I declined that wonderful opportunity.

TMT requirements are a separate issue. They are illegal.

In other words you AGREE with the ones you are not CONFUSED about.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I replied to

What did that have to do with, "What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?"??

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry,

You're such a blow hard that nobody pays attention to you anymore. So even when you say something that's right, it's usually buried in so much rhetoric and BS, that nobody bothers to ferret out the tiny snippet of worth.

I'm sure in your mind, you post 90% useful stuff, and only a little crap, but in reality, you post 99.99% crap, and so little useful stuff that it's not worth the effort looking for it.

BTW, Ellis motors are certified. And he has DOT numbers. And the good people in Texas like him. He can come to a DARS launch without getting his ass whipped. Can you?

Reply to
Doug Sams

Plans so far are:

Finish 3rd estes renegade(first was 3C6's to 1 C6, the second was 3 C6's and

2 D12's to 3 C6's and the third is going to be 3 D12's to 1 D12

Finish my 5.44x upscale Freaky Flyer and start my 4.12x upscale Freaky

I also have plans for a upscale Venus Probe(will probably fly on H123), a single stage, high power version of the Renegade and a Upscale of the Fliskits Stingray

Reply to
Zak Orion

Assume that you don't need a LEMP to manufacture APCP. What is going to prevent some hack from going into busniess manufacturing APCP in the garage of his row house or condo? Because of the potential harm to uninvolved people, I support the requirement for LEMPs weather a LEUP is needed by flyers or not. I can't imagine why anyone concerned with the safety of the surrounding area being against it.

If anyone disagrees that people manufacturing APCP should have a LEMP, I'd like to know.why. Do not confuse this with weather flyers need a LEUP or not.

Reply to
Phil Stein

So obviously, your internet post didn't meet that requirement but the next sentence says that doesn't it.

They are not illegal. The organization is free to make whatever requirements they want for their certification program. If you are correct, why didn't NAR or CAR certify your motors?

Thanks - I needed a laugh.

Reply to
Phil Stein

LOL!!

THis should be in the Jerry FAQs.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I bet Jerry can; his buddy Mark will protect him..(;-)

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Well, what the Low Explosives Manufacturing License (and Dealer License) actually authorize is to _sell_ explosive materials into 'Commerce In Explosives' - note that 27CFR555.141(a)(...) grant exemptions from the entirety of 27 CFR part

555 ("this part shall not apply with respect to..."). Note that this places the requirements for licenses-to-sell "explosive materials", as well as the categorization of APCP as an "explosive material" (by virtue of being "listed" as such), under the influence of the same exemptions as would apply to requirements for permits-to-buy such materials.

The situation would be different if APCP were sold in "commerce in explosives" separately from its existence as part of an exempt device - if APCP were something that one bought by the barrel as a generic "explosive material" and then used some of it to make motors out of - but that's not the case: the APCP that we use in our rockets does not exist, as such, until it is created in the process of manufacture of an exempt device. (In fact, since grains are cast to net diameter rather than being carved out of big chunks of propellant, it could be said that the ingredients which will become the propellant are incorporated into a component of an exempt device before they even actually become [in the curing process] "APCP"!)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Very simple. Because APCP does not explode.

Philip

OdorDestroyer.com

  1. Clustered Orbital Transport 5 engines
  2. Clustered Load Star 2 stage payloader 3 Space Man Spiff's newest ride
  3. Clustered Armageddon Shuttle 3 or 5 still deciding
  4. Clustered Strike Fighter 3
  5. Clustered X-30 2 or 3

Randy

Reply to