What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?

No willing vendors live near you nor want anything to do with you. You are safe.

Traitor.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yep, same ol' scum bag jerry, quoting people out of context.

Hey deadbeat, do you have My money?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

jerry, Aren't you the one that claims you had an unnecessary LEMP? Granted, No one died, but you had a fire at DPT. you Also told the arson investigators that Frank K. was making explosives in his garage.

jerry irvine, first to "drop a dime". Did it help draw the "heat" off of you?

Has the BATFE contacted you yet?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

WOW!! Just two minutes ago your were still working on that upscale Nuke. Is the glue dry yet?

RDH8

Reply to
RDH8

There are hundreds of reasons who an individual might manufacture APCP in their garage. Here's a few obvious ones.

  1. Business is booming, lost my lease, can't find suitable replacement.
  2. Business is booming, must expand, can't find suitable new location quickly.
  3. Business is booming, last facility burned down [;-)], can't find suitable new location quickly enough.
  4. Business is booming, profits insufficient to afford a 2nd location given the add'l overhead required (add'l phones, rent, etc.) A 100% increase in space (off site) often equates to far more than a 100% increase in operational costs.
  5. As a result of new competition, bad economy, etc. Gross revenue is dropping and the APCP biz is no longer profitable after paying for the facility. Nix the rent, and you're in the black. So, you sublet the facility to someone else, keep a facade their for ATFE, and move APCP manu back home.
  6. Family issues no longer permit long drive to manu facility. You must either figure something out, or fold the business. You elect to temporarily move the production line into the garage.
  7. Manu facility is 50 miles away. Didn't seem that far when you signed the lease, but 2 years and 48000 miles later that drive is pretty darn long. I'll just "work from home" today. [...six months later...] I really need to get this stuff out of my garage and back to the office. [...6 months later...] Well, I've been here this long without a problem...

Shall I go on...

Also: I have no idea if you own your own business or not. If not, what I'm about to say may register intellectually, but it won't reach you on a core level. But those of us who are 100% self employed realize that when faced with losing your livelyhood (and potentially your house, car, etc.) you will do a lot of things that you might not otherwise do. Things you probably wouldn't be too proud of either. And in that situation sometimes the *risk* of fines and imprisonment looks pretty good compaired to the *certainty* of going broke.

Reply to
Philip Doolittle

No, but he can get a LEMP to manufacture at his approved facility and then crank up the old hobart anywhere he chooses. That was my point. For reasons why, see previous post to RD. Possession of an official piece of paper in no way prevents you from behaving in an unsafe manner. You can argue that the ATFE will then yank his license. Which brings us back to situation one. That being:

I can't speak for Jerry, if he does feel that way I agree.

Sincerely, Philip Doolittle

Philip Doolittle

My point is that possessing a LEMP does not prevent that anymore than possessing a drivers license prevents me from hitting someone with my car.

Sincerely, Philip Doolittle

Philip Doolittle

Yep.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Might I point out the obvious here: Aerotech had LEMP, was TMT approved, and STILL burned down their neighbors apartment. I thought that LEMP prevented that sort of thing from happening?

Sincerely, Philip Doolittle

Philip Doolittle

It prevented them from getting thrown in jail for burning down their neighbor's apartment...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

True. So are you saying the purpose of the TMT is to keep manufacturers out of trouble with the law? If so, it is clearly outside the scope of TMT's charter.

"David Erbas-White"

Reply to
OdorDestroyer.com

I too am against people like you being able to burn my house down. . And to rectify the situation, I call for an immediate federal immediate and seizure of the following items. Users will be permitted to possess these items again once they have successfully obtained a HFPUP (Highly Flammable Product Users Permit).

matches lighters butane refills zippo fluid Propane Propane tanks. kerosene Gasoline Lighter fluid "match light" charcoal Acetone Solvent Adhesives Glues Pool chlorine Plastic cements Cleaning Fluids Denatured Alcohol Enamel Lacquer Oil oils based Paint Paint Remover Petroleum Products Liquid Polishes Shellac Shoe Polish Solvents Stains Turpentine Varnish potassium nitrate brake fluid road flares. coleman fuel

Other dangerous items that may also need to be banned Electricity. Batteries and other producers of electrochemical energy Magnifying lenses Stick rubbing. Dashing stones or steel together.

Reply to
OdorDestroyer.com

BATFE will not issue a LEMP to a residential address, not to mention local zoning laws and hazmat issues.

Would you be happy if you found out there was a clandestine manufacturing facility located right next door to you, but because it was clandestine, fire codes, safety regs, zoning laws and hazmat issues were overlooked or ignored?

What if His garage/shed/kitchen goes up in flames and takes your house with it?

Would that be o.k. with you?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Seems like that incident would make the point that it's the Licensed Manufacturers, rather than the "Kitchen-aid Brigade", that you _don't_ want to be next door to...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Why? Are you a reckless driver? Do you drive drunk?

Do You have a driver's license? Do you have liability insurance?

Unlicensed drivers cannot get auto liability insurance.

Uninsured vehicles in many states, cannot be registered.

Who would You rather be involved in an accident with?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

So far, that seems to be the case.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

unattributed, probably Stein:

Is that in the mission statement?

I thought it was to show the thrust, burning time, delay time and gross reliability of "sport motors".

Am I confused?

And if what you say *IS* true, why in hell is TRA actively promoting its own so-called "EX" activities?

Hello?

May I please have substantive ANSWERS to these questions, in addition to the expected trolling, namecalling and general purposeless rudeness?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Did you read ANY of the preceeding message? Obviously not, because every scenario begain with the assumption of a valid LEMP issued to a commercial manu facility. For everyone's benefit, please take a moment and read the messages before you reply to them.

I ignore your obvious trap and substitute my own. Does your grandmother still wear combat boots and leather to bed?

Come on Dave, surely you can do better then that. Long diatraibes laced with accumptions and couched within a yes or no question to there is only one "valid" response is what I would expect from the third grade debate team.

Philip

OdorDestroyer.com

Only because they had a (viable) counter claim against the fire department itself. That is the ONLY reason criminal charges were not persued. Authorities tend to protect each other.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They seem to have ilegally widened the scope of their activity without authorization of the members.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine