What is everyone working on now that its cold and windy?

Reply to
Phil Stein

I'm really not that tightly wound, but I do take great offense to being called a moron and being the target of your insinuations that some manner of substance abuse is affecting my faculties.

I have not (to my knowledge) showed you such an unwarranted lack of respect, nor do I intend to. I would prefer to discuss the issues at hand rather that degrade to name calling, but your personal assaults really got my dander up. Rather than drop to that level, I bit my tongue and limited my response to pointing out that you could at least give someone the decency of spelling their name correctly when you proclaim to the world that are a moron.

Sincerely, Philip Doolittle

Philip Doolittle

Alaska State corporation statutes. I did. Federal IRS 501-c-3 statutes. I did.

Hope this helps.

That too, but frankly I am more concerned with crimes or administrative violations than breaches of ethics.

You did settle it. The folks on the other end of the line keep bringing it up no matter how many times it has been micro-parsed.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Vehicle owners get insurance, not the drivers.

Bob Kaplow

AND that I am no longer selling HPR motors.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It doesn't Phil.

Your preference was not the issue.

Traitor.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He says that shit all the time when he has no substantive reply to a point somebody effectively makes toward him.

Ah, come on.

Accurately describe him as a Traitor, with cites, then :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

AT was certainly the source of the first fire.

But the fire that did the real property damage, and caused the evacuation of the apartments was caused by the HAZMAT team. So the real solution is to not have them come over after you have a small fire.

And don't forget that AT was in its former location for FIFTEEN YEARS prior to the fire, and the apartments were built on top of them only 2 years earlier. Complaints about ATs proximity from the apartment residents are like the noise complaints from the folks who move next to a major airport.

Bob Kaplow

Based on the sheer frequency and number (over a thousand so far) of rmr posts by Wallace, Stein, Grayvis/Teeling and Dunakin, on that issue alone, it therefore MUST be true.

:)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is that true in all states?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

May I remind you that the AT fire did NOT burn down the nearby apartments. THey were evacuated after the HAZMAT team reignited the fire and burned down the industrial complex. And Aerotech was in its pre-fire location for 13 years before the apartments were even built nearby. When I was at the site

10 years prior to the fire, there were NO nearby apartments or residential areas. They did NOT suddenly plop their operations into the middle of a residential community. They were encroached on. With the obvious consent of the Las Vegas zoning authorities.

Bob Kaplow

Actually, you need access to the car and the INABILITY to drive it safely. A license theoretically insures you have at least some minimal skill level before beign turned loose on the roads with a lethal weapon.

And now that winter has returned to the Chicago area, I'm again reminded that our old dog

had a better understanding of the laws of physics than 90% of the people driving on the roads around here. And from what I see of places down south when they get hit with a dusting of snow or ice, the ratio down there is 98%.

Bob Kaplow

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There's more to quantity than just the size of the motor. A commercial operation has to make hundreds of motors on a daily (or near-daily) basis.

Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, the fact is that a commercial motor manufacturer is required by LAW to have a licensed, inspected, industrial facility. An individual making motors for his own use does not have the same restrictions.

The same is true of many other things in life... for instance you can bake bread in your home all you want with virtually no restrictions, but if you plan to make a business out of it you'll have to comply with a lot of government regs regarding everything from your facility to your labeling.

Reply to
RayDunakin

I thought I was doing good with finishing a "new " Apogee II (I did turn my own nose cone - first ever) Gonna start a Commanche 3 - just finished the wRASP sims of all the motor combinations And hope to build a 2 inch 1/48th Delta II 7925 - the one that put Spirit on Mars.

Who makes 2" tubes?

Reply to
Thomas Koszuta

It most certainly IS an issue, because there are serious consequences for illegal acts.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Getting in bed with NFPA was a voluntary act in the first place on TRA's part...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Granted. It is AN issue. But world hunger, high gas prices, and poisoned tylenol are also AN issue. Just not the one that we were discussing at the time someone decided to derail the converation to debate the meaning of "illegal".

Very Clintonesque, however. To turn the conversation from a substantive issue to a debate over verbage (i.e. define "is")

I would suggest that you re-evaluate your circle of friends. If we were you in playing chess, and an onlooker suggested that I made an "illegal" move, would you then debate them and allow me to win on a cheat. Of course not. But, since you wanna go there, I'll consult Websters Dictionary. Please read def #2.

Illegal (n)

  1. Prohibited by law.
  2. Prohibited by official rules: an illegal pass in football.
  3. Unacceptable to or not performable by a computer: an illegal operation.

Hence, my statement: their charter/authority it is commonly referred to in layman's terms as

And since, you decided to go here:

I would suggest that you READ the post again. Particularly the part where I said

Any before you start on that, --->>> I am making no opinion about the "extra contractuality" of the point in question. Just trying to settle a ridiculous debate about the definition of "illegal" and the appropriate use of the word in rec.models.rockets. >

Reply to
OdorDestroyer.com

Not really, somone who has had their dwelling torched could really care less if it was burnt to cinders or to a fine white ash...

I don't disagree. I just don't believe it to be the proper place of TMT to be a law enforcement agency.

Yes, but in my "bread of the world" club, I can review all the bread I want to without requiring them to prove there legality to me.

Philip

Reply to
OdorDestroyer.com

Yea, I guess having to pay $40 gran is a form of hell.. lol

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace