Estes website down?

I've been trying to get to the Estes website at
several days, and it appears to be down. Anyone know what is going on?
Do I have the wrong url?
Oh, the reason I am looking, is that I damaged my son's favorite rocket, a
Hyper-X. It has the 3-rotor helicopter recovery nosecone. I can't find
that model any more, so I am trying to find a similar copter recovery
rocket. If you know of one, please speak up!
-- David
Reply to
David
The Estes website is a hideous, terrible, crappy place to go. Nothing to see there anyhow. We can only hope it is down because they are changing it. As for the copter recovery rocket, try an Estes Skywinder. It just went OOP this year, so you should still be able to find one.
There's one here:
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1
for several days, and it appears to be down. Anyone know what is going on?
Reply to
J.A. Michel
I wonder if the "Skywinder" uses compatible parts?
It seems to be a current, (or at least recently-produced) helicopter recovery kit from Estes...
-dave w
Reply to
David Weinshenker
Can I quote you on that? :)
> Nothing to > see there anyhow. We can only hope it is down because they are changing it.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
The SkyWinder OOP?? Oh Nooooooooooo !!!!!
Reply to
DaveL
IIRC, the Cosmic Cobra is pretty much the same thing as the Hyper-X.
for several days, and it appears to be down. Anyone know what is going on?
Reply to
zak orion
Yes ;-)
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1
Reply to
J.A. Michel
I can't be for 100% sure, but it is not in the 2003 catalog. Does anyone know?
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1
Reply to
J.A. Michel
Man, you are EXACTLY right! Thanks!
-- David
Reply to
David
I believe it is. I know the local hobby shops around here can't get it. So I ended up getting one on ebay.
Reply to
zak orion
Stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think! ; ) Randy
Reply to
Randy
here are some other nosecone rotor recovery models:
the Estes Cosmic Cobra from Red Arrow Hobbies at
or from A2Z Hobbies at
and the Hyper X RTF (nosecone rotors) or Skywinder (rotors unfold from body) at
the out of production Estes Helicat can still be purchased from Commonwealth Displays at
(left frame, click "Out of Production", then scroll to the bottom
speaking of helicopter recovery, check out the movie of a J powered helicopter recovered rocket on the Max Thrust website
at
way kewl! :)
BTW, there is an interesting Apogee report on "Calculating the Rate of Descent of a Helocopter Duration Model" at
- iz
David We> David wrote:
Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed