Michaels/Estes rocket offer for Boy Scouts

There is a full page ad in the Jan/Feb issue of the Scout Leader's magazine offering FREE rockets for Space Exploration merit badge work. Troop leaders need to register at a local Michaels between January 2, 2004 and March 5,

2004. The events will take place between April 17 and May 1, 2004.

This would be a good outreach opportunity for any clubs to work with Boy Scout troops. If you don't personally know a Scout leader, contact the Council office to find Troops in your area. Or, contact the Michaels store manager.

More info is at

David Stribling

Not where I can find it. Searches on ROCKET and SCOUT and SPACE EXPLORATION came up empty except for a couple pieces of artwork. Got a specific URL to the information.

My local store knew nothing about this when I asked Wednesday...

Bob Kaplow

What he said.....

I'm a Space Exploration Merit Badge councelor (and the troop's advancement coordinator), so my ears perked up when I saw the original post. I poked around the Michaels site for quite a while and couldn't get hits on "rocket", "scout", or various direct cateory diving.

ScottE

EXPLORATION

ScottE

scan the ad and post to a.b.m.r...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Done...

I have to apologize...the URL listed in the ad is to "find the Michaels store nearest you". I was so excited when I saw the ad, I didn't read that last bullet that closely.

The Estes site is listed too.

but I can't get it to respond. Maybe something is there?

DS

Reply to
David Stribling

done? where? did you upload a scan to alt.binaries.models.rockets ? shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Geez you guys, I posted this over two weeks ago!

Tom Ha NAR #76754

EXPLORATION

Tom Ha

And my local store still knows nothing about it. Is there a URL that has a page witht he info?

Bob Kaplow

Yes, I know, but unfortunately cannot find any info about it...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips