Is Tripoli website down?

Reply to
Alex Mericas

I am trying to find a club in the Mojave CA. area and NAR site works find but I try from my favorites or ROL and can't connect to Tripoli. Has anyone else have/had this problem?

-- Dale Martin NAR 80678 L2 N0JFM

Reply to
Dale Martin

C:\>tracert

Tracing route to

[68.15.231.239] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 10 ms
Reply to
hiltyt

Reply to
Joel Rogers
1) Where in North America is their server physically located.

2) Does that area have electricity?

That may end the mystery. Or it may not.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

R O F L

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What moron would locate a server near NY after 911 and the prior WTC bomb and all the otrher wackos targeting NY in particular, plus . . .

Severe weather alot. Downed utilities alot. Really.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Uh huh, and when the next hurricane slides in off the Caribbean?

I think Maine would probably be pretty safe..

We got lucky here in "Man-too-uh", as we apparently get most of our power from "down south" rather than "up north". Interesting situation tho', as several communities just to our west and south were, and still are, offline.

I'll betcha that there are buttloads of husbands up in Cleveland firing up their dusty Y2K generators saying to their wives "See! And

*you* laughed at me for buying it!"

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Nah, even the Texans will tell you "Don't mess with Texas." I believe them and stay far away.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

HEY! I resemble that!

We do have a 5000 watt generator but not because of Y2K. We seldom get snow here and when we do it is usually gone in 2 days or less but where we live, it's usually 5-7 days before power is restored when we lose it. I've got too much beef, pork and CHICKEN (Kurt) in 2 freezers not to have a generator, (take that PETA!) not to mention I need power so I can monitor rmr. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

That would be "audible", not "auditory". Pretty tough to talk with your ears. Although, when I have a really bad head cold, and, like, I blow my nose, rilly hard, like, my ears will squeak...

Oh yeah, "at" above is probably Atlanta. That's where Cox is sitch-eee-ated too..

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

If you do a whois I believe the host server is stated.

They have PLENTY of spare money, what with the insurance fees for insurance they do not buy, and magazine fees for magazines they do not deliver, and fees for franchise fees for launches somebody else funds and promotes, one thing about Tripoli. They are FLUSH with CASH.

Enough for Brucie to buy a NEW matching truckie and trailerie and paint them to match, and pay off his housie.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I see you have your priorities. Are you going to stay married long? :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Just until death... then we'll see. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Boy, I say boy, you don?t need no generator. You needs a shootin iron!

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Yep, I am down here doing my best BOFH imitation. Plug in the router...unplug the router. Plug in the router...unplug the router.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

You would be 100% correct. For now.

Plans are afoot to change servers, due to problems such as this, as well as others.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski