website access problems - kiwiaircraftimages.com

Hi Folks, I know some people in this group make use of my web site at:

I was contacted this morning by a regular browser who says he gets a window asking for a username and password when trying to access the site. I see no reason why this should happen, but I have noticed site visitor numbers have dropped over the past week.

Has anyone else had this problem when trying to browse my site?

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Phillip Treweek Department of Computer Science ph ++64 7 838 4410 The University of Waikato fax ++64 7 838 4155 Private Bag 3105 Hamilton, New Zealand

'Kiwi Aircraft Images':

Phillip Treweek

Phil, I haven't had problems in the past, but have just tried accessing the site now and got the message asking for a user name and password.... Odd! Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Go into the folder permissions (on the server) and set to allow anonymous access.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Ditto.

Reply to
EMB

And again.

Reply to
Mark Bedingfield

This works, though:

Regards...

Reply to
Bjørnar Bolsøy

Could be a stray .htaccess / .htpasswd file as well

It's too good a web site to not be up :)

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

I get asked for a user name and password for this URL

This URL works without any problems

Rex

Reply to
Rex

Also... Check that the ISP hosting the site hasn't suspended the account or done anything silly like that...

Cheers, Richard

Reply to
Narf

Yes it does ask for userid and password for access

Regards

John Fulton

Reply to
John Fulton

The site's on a Microsoft IIS http server. What it is, is that the start page for "

" isn't set up. If whoever is adminstrationg the page goes into the "Virtual Directory" tbe for the site in teh IIS configuration tools, they can set the Start Page to "
"and All Will Be Well.

Reply to
Peter Stickney

Greetings Phillip -

No problems accessing, as of this morning. I tried both IE and Mozilla.

Charles nzvideos.org

Reply to
Charles Eggen

working fine today.

Reply to
someone

Yep, being asked for a userid and password.

Reply to
T A R T

Phil, Using Windows XP and IE, got the request for password and ID. It's

20:25 Nashville time.

Don McIntyre

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Asks for id at Sat Oct 16 13:42:36 AUSEST 2004 in Melbourne.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt
00:22 EST in Western Quebec. This is the third try since around 18:00 - Right in everytime without any problems or being asked for and I.D. No problem to wander around in the site. I'm using Windows XP Pro / IE [I know, I know]. Don't know if this helps anyone but I hope it does. Cheers - Jim.
Reply to
Jim

Hi Folks, thanks very much to those who replied. I have had a response from the ISP tech support who have altered the appropriate server settings. I have checked with one person and the problem seems to have been cleared. If anyone else gets asked for a username/password please let me know.

In the meantime, it did seem that going straight to

rather than the index file worked.

Thanks again to all of you who assisted.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Phillip Treweek Department of Computer Science ph ++64 7 838 4410 The University of Waikato fax ++64 7 838 4155 Private Bag 3105 Hamilton, New Zealand

'Kiwi Aircraft Images':

'NZR Cranes':

Phillip Treweek

Works fine for me now.

Reply to
David Pennington

Just double-checked it, and

is now behaving nicely. Lovely pictures, too. Thanks for making them available.

Reply to
Peter Stickney