website access problems - kiwiaircraftimages.com

Hi Folks,
I know some people in this group make use of my web site at:

I was contacted this morning by a regular browser who says he gets a
window asking for a username and password when trying to access the site.
I see no reason why this should happen, but I have noticed site visitor
numbers have dropped over the past week.
Has anyone else had this problem when trying to browse my site?
Phil.
Phillip Treweek
Department of Computer Science ph ++64 7 838 4410
The University of Waikato fax ++64 7 838 4155
Private Bag 3105
Hamilton, New Zealand
'Kiwi Aircraft Images':

Phillip Treweek
Phil, I haven't had problems in the past, but have just tried accessing the site now and got the message asking for a user name and password.... Odd! Cheers, Wayne
Reply to
Wayne
Go into the folder permissions (on the server) and set to allow anonymous access.
Larry
Reply to
Larry
And again.
Reply to
Mark Bedingfield
Mark Bedingfield wrote
This works, though:

Regards...
Reply to
Bjørnar Bolsøy
Could be a stray .htaccess / .htpasswd file as well
It's too good a web site to not be up :)
Nigel
Reply to
Nigel
I get asked for a user name and password for this URL
This URL works without any problems
Rex
Reply to
Rex
Also... Check that the ISP hosting the site hasn't suspended the account or done anything silly like that...
Cheers, Richard
Reply to
Narf
Yes it does ask for userid and password for access
Regards
John Fulton
Reply to
John Fulton
The site's on a Microsoft IIS http server. What it is, is that the start page for "
" isn't set up. If whoever is adminstrationg the page goes into the "Virtual Directory" tbe for the site in teh IIS configuration tools, they can set the Start Page to "
"and All Will Be Well.
Reply to
Peter Stickney
Greetings Phillip -
No problems accessing, as of this morning. I tried both IE and Mozilla.
Charles nzvideos.org
Reply to
Charles Eggen
working fine today.
Reply to
someone
Yep, being asked for a userid and password.
Reply to
T A R T
Phil, Using Windows XP and IE, got the request for password and ID. It's 20:25 Nashville time.
Don McIntyre
Reply to
Don McIntyre
Asks for id at Sat Oct 16 13:42:36 AUSEST 2004 in Melbourne.
Cheers, Gary B-)
Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt
00:22 EST in Western Quebec. This is the third try since around 18:00 - Right in everytime without any problems or being asked for and I.D. No problem to wander around in the site. I'm using Windows XP Pro / IE [I know, I know]. Don't know if this helps anyone but I hope it does. Cheers - Jim.
Reply to
Jim
Hi Folks, thanks very much to those who replied. I have had a response from the ISP tech support who have altered the appropriate server settings. I have checked with one person and the problem seems to have been cleared. If anyone else gets asked for a username/password please let me know.
In the meantime, it did seem that going straight to
rather than the index file worked.
Thanks again to all of you who assisted.
Phil.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- Phillip Treweek Department of Computer Science ph ++64 7 838 4410 The University of Waikato fax ++64 7 838 4155 Private Bag 3105 Hamilton, New Zealand
'Kiwi Aircraft Images':
'NZR Cranes':
Phillip Treweek
Works fine for me now.
Reply to
David Pennington
Just double-checked it, and
is now behaving nicely. Lovely pictures, too. Thanks for making them available.
Reply to
Peter Stickney