8th Anniversary : Kiwi Aircraft Images Update

Hi Folks, a month slipped by, and then another, and another, and before I knew it, nearly a year has gone by since my last web site update. Changes in domestic and work arrangments seem to have that effect! So as the site approaches its 8th anniversary, I hope this means I'm back to regular additions to the site. It's 8 years today since the first material was uploaded to a web server, and the site was first advertised on Sep 4,

1996.

I've for this update I finally managed a start on the long promised RNZAF material from my visit to Whenuapai in November last year. We feature 40 Squadron RNZAF old and new, with its latest aircraft being the new Boeing

757-2K2 (27 images) and its oldest aircraft, the Lockheed C-130H (16 images) which includes cockpit and external detail pics.

For those of you who haven't seen this site (and its been a while since I advertised), it currently displays over 4900 original images covering more that 200 different aircraft types and aviation activities relating to New Zealand. This includes many warbirds, and a number of vintage aircraft. For the modeller and enthusiast I have included a number of 'detail' photos (subjects include Spitfire, Mustang, Sea Fury, Vampire and Harvard, and more ...). Interior photographic tours now include Lancaster NX665, Catalina ZK-PBY, An-12 LZ-SFL, AW650 Argosy ZK-SAE and a C-130H. The site also includes the most comprehensive listing of New Zealand aviation related websites - over 500 links.

Next update: more from Whenuapai (probably the SH-2G(NZ) and P-3K), and what ever takes my fancy - I still have 900 scanned photos to add.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Phillip Treweek Department of Computer Science ph ++64 7 838 4410 The University of Waikato fax ++64 7 838 4155 Private Bag 3105 Hamilton, New Zealand

'Kiwi Aircraft Images':

Phillip Treweek

Good to hear from you again. Nice photo coverage on your site! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper