Large scale Vulcan?

I thought a 48th scale would be big, but i have no room to keep this scale Vulcan

JULIAN HALES

At $11,000 (US) current bid, with an as is where is, I gotta ask; is it airworthy or just a very large paperweight?

The Old Timer

3&rd=1

Reply to
Mike G.

As one of my math teachers used to say, "A decimal point in the wrong place is a very dangerous thing"! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

FWIW I just tried to access this item to see if it was for real and the item appears to have been pulled.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

It's still there:

Bostjan Lemut

Check rec.aviation.military and uk.rec.aviation. I did see postings that this aircraft was required to be relocated. haven't seen anything about it being up for sale though.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Phillip Treweek Department of Computer Science ph ++64 7 838 4410 The University of Waikato fax ++64 7 838 4155 Private Bag 3105 Hamilton, New Zealand

'Kiwi Aircraft Images':

'NZR Cranes':

Phillip Treweek

where's a sugar momma when i need one? i could sit in the cockpit and go vroom, vroom.

Guys, youve got it all wrong . . . the price is $10,000 british pounds, nearly US$20,000!!! Jeez, could sell the house and set up the lounge in the weapons bay . . . . TSR2

Reply to
TSR2

total chick magnet. hey baby, wanna see my nuclear bomber? you can sit in the pilot's chair and go vroom vroom?

Bill, your newsreader sent the end of the URL to the next line. Cut and paste that to the link and you will be fine.

John W. Alger IPMS 10906

John Alger

Neat: I have a neighbor who has a civil war cannon in his front yard. Wouldn't this make a neat "one upmanship" item???

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Or........ 'hey baby, wanna press the button that can move the earth?

or

Wanna feel something with more powers than mr spock?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Hi John,

No, she's not airworthy. There's one such Beast over here that's being prepared for an eventual return to flying condition, but it's a little way off from being ready just yet.

It would make one heck of a gazebo/car port/sunshade though!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

In article , Keeper writes

Blackpool, Lancashire.

IIRC, they simply flew the thing in, told you that you weren't allowed to fly it, gave you the keys and walked away. Time and the British weather did the rest, but I believe one was kept in flying condition by skilled enthusiasts. Most just rotted - I photographed the one at Carlisle recently, I can put some shots on a.b.m.s. if you like. Also IIRC, the Vulcans became available at the end of a period of disposals to the public at silly prices - ISTR there was one occasion where there was stuff being flown in from France which was supposed to be ex-US equipment being returned, and you could collect from the airfield a (non-flying) bargain bag of three aircraft - one was a T33, another turned out to be a Mystere, I can't recall the third. (The surplus T33s and Mysteres ended up as set decoration on the simulated targets at Spadeadam.) A filling station somewhere in the Scottish Borders ended up with the three aircraft parked alongside the road... I think another filling station owner (in the southern UK) had a SA2 Guideline on its road transporter for his kid to play with, I believe this may have been sold on to military vehicle enthusiasts - certainly it puts the Trumpeter offering in the shade.

I didn't think we had those in the U.K. until I was shown one on the railway system of a local factory a couple of decades ago - one end was a sort of glazed greenhouse. Why they had it and what happened to it I don't know, but ISTR the was a rumour it went to a rail collection at Carnforth.

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth

not now it aint

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

So it could be restored to flying condition. Wouldn't that look lovely on the air show circuit! I liked Chris's idea of a carport as well. Shame I can't get the US to release any equipment to the civilians. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comedy (Keeper) wrote in :

Maybe. It's been left to corrode (it's right next to a beach) for twenty years, and it's been vandalized. Restoring it would be a massive undertaking. Prepare to spend several million on it.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Yes, just a bit over 11,000 pounds (that's a quid right?) Or was a quid five pounds? Haven't read Andy Capp in so long I forget... Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

A quid is a pound. A pound is about $1.84. All of the silly bids have gone. They were all cancelled by EBay. Last time I looked it was bid £13,600 = $25,000.

The guy that was bidding £6,000,000 had only ever bought to items of clothing on EBay previously at the princely total of £43. There was a bidder around the 10,000,000 mark whose EBay handle was 'Bogus Bidder'!

Reply to
David Pennington