To scare the big scale chaps...

Video of the prototype of a 9F kit for 2mm scale:

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

Nigel,

Is the chassis compensated/sprung?

Looks very good with commendably fine motion work.

Also like that curved viaduct :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

The message from Jim Guthrie contains these words:

Hope it's not part of the kit 'cos I haven't got room for it. Unlike the 9F.

Reply to
David Jackson

Probably not in the formal sense. It will most likely have axles bushes drilled a nominal 1.6mm for a 1.5mm axle, and then a fine wire pressing on the axle. That gives a tiny bit of movement whilst maintaining electrical conductivity (centre split axles being usual in 2mm).

There aren't many 2mm modellers doing compensated or properly sprung chassis, only regular I know is John Greenwood, who usually produces much smaller prototypes.

All part of the kit :-). Think it looks like its just the detail castings to go before its finished.

The kit designer's day job is designing the etched loco kits for Waterman's

7mm empire.

Part of the under construction "Fencehouses" layout. Which is massive.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

"Nigel Cliffe" wrote

Impressive! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 15/05/2007 19:08, Nigel Cliffe said,

But the valve gear is in mid position :-)

It makes me wonder why I'm worrying about the P4 9F I have on the cards!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

If you drop a few places down from the video you will find a WRC crash compilation featuring some French drivers who I am sure I met the last time I went round the L'Arc De Triomphe

Back in the late 1920 Paris city road engineers could not decide on what was best the yield-to-right or the yield-to-left rule and I think they still can't decide and the phrase 'yield-at-entry' is unknown to the French.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

All 12 approaches to Place Charles de Gaulle (aka Place de l'Etoile) are controlled by traffic signals located about 100m back. If I remember correctly, only 2 approaches get green at once; however, traffic on the roundabout has to yield to entering vehicles so it's pretty chaotic much of the time, with bicycles and scooters weaving between gridlocked cars, taxis, trucks and buses. According to Wikipedia, there are about 120 accidents per day, or one every 12 minutes on average. Pedestrians are encouraged to use underground tunnels to reach the Arc de Triomphe.

MartinS