Fascinating but pointless machines

Enjoy!
Regards,
Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
--Thanks for that; totally awesome! Gotta build one of those!!
Reply to
steamer
(Claude Shannon was the sole father of information theory, and one of the founding fathers of cryptology)
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
Reminds me of this video :
Though it's even more impressive to see the balls hit the funnels in real life.
-adrian
Reply to
Adrian Godwin
In your dreams....I quote:
"From the first Animusic DVD. Pipe Dream has been voted one of the 50 greatest animation projects ever (by 3D World magazine). "
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
That's pretty cool!
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
In article , Tony Jeffree writes
I did, thank you...... but so impractical for everyday life. Now, this guy....
Love it :D
John
Reply to
JC Morrice
Outstanding!
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
Yes, I know - it's one thing to make balls fall predictably in an animation, but the machines in your links achieve it in real life.
-adrian
Reply to
Adrian Godwin
I guess the difference is that there's no way that you will get predictable trajectories from a ball hitting a taught wire (twice!) whereas a simple ballistic trajectory is going to be reasonably consistent if the spring tension etc. is constant.
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree