Fascinating but pointless machines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
uoL7U7zEU

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OTX4IwSOo&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EK4Yg3kU4oE&NR=1
Enjoy!
Regards, Tony
    --Thanks for that; totally awesome! Gotta build one of those!!
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : $150,000,000,000 in pork??
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Where's my share???

Reminds me of this video :
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5503582578132361295
Though it's even more impressive to see the balls hit the funnels in real life.
-adrian
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:31:22 +0000, Adrian Godwin

In your dreams....I quote:
"From the first Animusic DVD. Pipe Dream has been voted one of the 50 greatest animation projects ever (by 3D World magazine). "
Regards, Tony

http://www2.bc.edu/~lewbel/shortsha.mov
(Claude Shannon was the sole father of information theory, and one of the founding fathers of cryptology)
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:28:25 +0000, Peter Fairbrother

That's pretty cool!
Regards, Tony

I did, thank you...... but so impractical for everyday life. Now, this guy....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qC0l1DZtuTk

Love it :D
John
--
JC Morrice
snipped-for-privacy@pentode.demon.co.uk

Outstanding!
Regards, Tony

Yes, I know - it's one thing to make balls fall predictably in an animation, but the machines in your links achieve it in real life.
-adrian
On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:04:38 +0000, Adrian Godwin

I guess the difference is that there's no way that you will get predictable trajectories from a ball hitting a taught wire (twice!) whereas a simple ballistic trajectory is going to be reasonably consistent if the spring tension etc. is constant.
Regards, Tony