Piano Wire?

The very hard non-bending wire, is that what's sold as "Piano Wire"? If not does anyone have a trade name? Cheers.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Thats what I have used, they sell it at Model Zone shops (they even give you a plastic tube so you can carry it home safely) - I use it for point control (bit heavy for modelling in N, although it does come in different sizes) - I run it through plastic tube sold for radio control models, bowden cable is the stuff, cheap and works fine.

Reply to
Mike Smith

"Mike Smith" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Cheers Mike, I'm just about to order some from Expo for exact the same reason - points (and later signal) control. I've been making up some brass linkages which work really well but I can't make them both stiff and thin enough for my tastes. Just wanted to make sure I was ording the right stuff.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Chris, get your local phone book, have a look for Piano repairers or sellers, and guess what they have it in spades, I have a local repeairer and he just bags up offcuts he has left for me as I use them in Wargaming .

Reply to
estarriol

You can also look for music wire suppliers - for example

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Jim Guthrie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Cheers to you both but as I'm putting together an order for Expo they can do my wire as well.

Reply to
Chris Wilson