Flying Lawnmower

Ya all need to take a lQQk at this !!

Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Reply to
AM

This is SO strange. I can't imagine putting the time and effort into making this thing fly, and I've seen all of the "Francis the Talking Mule" movies-

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Actually, these have been around since I was in high school...I forget the first time one showed up. It's just a combat style flying wing with a few cosmetic extras.

...had never seen one loop until now, though.

Reply to
Rufus

is that the one the science teacher built to show his kids you can make anything fly if you get the dynamics right?

Hell! The F4 Phantom allready proved that concept. :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

And if that weren't good enough look at the F-117! I still say there's a gravitic repulsion engine buried somewhere inside that thing.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

I first saw this on "America's Funniest Home Videos" several years ago. It looks like the same clip except that on the show, it showed a guy pushing it like he was mowing the lawn, then it "gets away from him" and takes off. It was hilarious and very cool!

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Some time ago - 20 years? - a spectator was killed in the stands at Shea Stadium during the half time show at a New York Jets game. The culprit was an out-of-control "flying lawn mower" being demonstrated by a local RC club. If I recall right, the "lawn mower" was being flown along with a Snoopy astride his doghouse(!).

Kevin

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

anything fly if you get the dynamics right?>

No, the F4 was an experiment to show that anything will fly if you put big enough engines on it, sorta like the MiG 31. Gotta admit, that lawnmower was pretty cool! The video didn't load well, and I only saw bits and pieces at a time, but still....

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

I think Radio Control Modeler sells the plans for that model...They also sell a similar set of plans for snoopy's doghouse...complete with snoopy sitting atop the doghouse searching for the red baron!

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1