Henry J?

Are there any models out there of the Henry J?

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Revell made a gasser (drag racer) version. There's never been a factory stock kit in either 1/24 or 1/25 scale.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

And it isn't the easiest thing to make a Stock car out of. I've been trying, off and on. What can I say? They're 'cute'.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Out of curiosity: Is this is the same as the "Ford J" car? I remember it from my HOT WHEELS!...lol

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Revell used to do a Henry J hot rod kit that was available as late as the middle

1980s, IIRC. They may still have the molds for it.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 "How much comfort would you think I'd expect to get from a God that others persist in using as a weapon against me?"--Tepid 9:26

Reply to
Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

1950-1954, I believe. They were somewhat ahead of their time since they were economy cars in the beginning of the '50's "longer, lower, wider!" era.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

I'm not a car modeler, but if I were making the dragster Hanry J into something resembling stock, I would start with the old 1/25 MPC WWII Jeep for the chassis and engine. It's not an exact match of course, but both used small 4cyl engines and from my childhood memories of a neighbor's J, the interior was austere even by the standards of the day. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Um, Kim, the Henry J ran a six-cylinder Continental engine. I was going to try using the Jeep engine but Art Anderson reminded me that they didn't use those. On the plus side, it'll do nicely for the stock '41 Willys I'm also working on. The chassis from a '57 Thunderbird might work under the HJ. That should provide for the front end which was coils and A-arms. Maybe the new '56 T-bird would be better. The interior is indeed spartan - no glove box provided and the rest of the dash is very blank. The kit-supplied part is fairly adequate.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller