Is anyone else having trouble with NAR membership.

Hi everyone, On August 16th I filled out my application to the NAR online and received an email the next day acknowledging the receipt of my membership and saying that it would take some time to process the membership. I waited for about a month and then decided to inquire about the status. I received an email from the Headquarters Manager saying that she tried the credit card number and it came back invalid. The weird thing is that I ordered some literature at the same time and they had no problem with the credit card, but even more, I wasn't even notified that there was a problem. I have been trying to reach the NAR to see if I can expedite this application because I want to participate in a local launch and there are not that many dates available for level 1 certification launches. Should I just forget about the NAR and go with Tripoli? The transcripts are below for anyone interested.

From: Marie Stumpe NAR Headquarters [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@fakeemail.net] Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 3:15 PM To: laura Subject: Re: NAR Membership Application

Laura,

I had trouble processing your credit card. It was returned marked "invalid card number". I can try to resubmit it just in case I entered the number incorrectly.

Sincerely, Marie Stumpe Headquarters Manager

Hello, > I was wandering if you have sent the membership information yet. It > has now been about a month and I have not received any confirmation > regarding my membership other than this email. I have not received a > copy of the magazine either. > I did receive the addition materials that I ordered however. i.e., > tube making, etc. > Thank you, > Laura Watson > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Marie Stumpe NAR Headquarters [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@fakeemail.net] > Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:20 PM > To: snipped-for-privacy@fakeemail.com > Subject: NAR Membership Application > > Your application will be processed at NAR HQ within one week. Your > membership license and initial information should arrive via first > class mail within two weeks. A membership guide book with additional > information on NAR membership programs will be sent via Standard Mail > within 4 to 8 weeks after your membership is processed. > > Since overseas deliveries take longer, if you are one of the growing > number of international modelers in the NAR, please be patient. Your > deliveries may take up to 12 weeks for your second member packet. Your > magazines will be delivered by either surface or airmail per your > membership application > > If you=B9re renewing your membership, your will continue to receive both > Sport Rocketry magazine and the Model Rocketeer newsletter without interr= uption. > The second member packet will also be headed your way within 4 to 8 weeks. > We appreciate your renewal, and hope you will continue to enjoy your > NAR membership. > > Please feel free to make immediate use of any NAR services at our Web > site
or contact us by e-mail. >=20 > Welcome to the NAR!
Reply to
lizardqueen

John Bowles

Thanks, I gave them a call and it seems things are now in order.

Reply to
lizardqueen