Is anyone else having trouble with NAR membership.

Hi everyone, On August 16th I filled out my application to the NAR online and received an email the next day acknowledging the receipt of my
membership and saying that it would take some time to process the membership. I waited for about a month and then decided to inquire about the status. I received an email from the Headquarters Manager saying that she tried the credit card number and it came back invalid. The weird thing is that I ordered some literature at the same time and they had no problem with the credit card, but even more, I wasn't even notified that there was a problem. I have been trying to reach the NAR to see if I can expedite this application because I want to participate in a local launch and there are not that many dates available for level 1 certification launches. Should I just forget about the NAR and go with Tripoli? The transcripts are below for anyone interested.
From: Marie Stumpe NAR Headquarters [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@fakeemail.net] Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 3:15 PM To: laura Subject: Re: NAR Membership Application
Laura,
I had trouble processing your credit card. It was returned marked "invalid card number". I can try to resubmit it just in case I entered the number incorrectly.
Sincerely, Marie Stumpe Headquarters Manager
on 9/16/06 3:00 AM, laura at snipped-for-privacy@fakeemail.com wrote:

Just write 'pending' on the cert form. So long as you've submitted your application, you can certify. People that have just filled out a membership application on the field certify that way.
lizardqueen wrote:

Thanks, I gave them a call and it seems things are now in order.