Now Almanacs are dangerous

Here's the story:

Any bets on how long its going to take them to require Almanacs to be stored in Type 4 magazines because of the potentially explosive information they contain? Better stock up now!

Rocket Flyer Southeast Georgia

Reply to
Rocket Flyer

This just in, Wal-Mart is a terrorist supplier!

Did anyone really want this when they voted for this bunch of yahoos?

Norman

Norman Heyen

I am sorry I must declare Ben Franklin a terrorist of the past, writing almanacs and flying kites to induce electrical currents Ben could have been up to only one thing. Terrorism in it's worst form. And while we are at it Newton studying the effects of gravity. Galileo with his surveillance gear. Sauk and Pasteur with their germ warfare experiments. Oh my will it never end?

-- Dale Martin

Dale Martin

No.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

All of our founding fathers were terrorists. Just ask King George.

As a matter of fact, we're STILL stuck with a King George...

Bob Kaplow

I have also heard reports of them hassling model railroaders for photographing trains, track locations and stations.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be lead to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Reply to
bert harless

I didn't vote for this yahoo. Or the last yahoo or the one before him or the one before him or the one before him or the one before him...

Bob Kaplow

And we're STILL all terrorists. Just ask King George, and PM John!

8^(

Ed

You really ought to either consider registering to vote or quit voting for Lyndon LaRouche Jr.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

When almanacs are outlawed... ....only outlaws will have almanacs.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

I am curious. Other than the terrorists we "caught" when they crashed into the WTC, Pentagon, and a field in PA, what other terrorists have we caught within our borders?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

> onal1426EST0580.DTL&type=printable

None. Even more puzzling given that the FBI named all 19 hijackers 24 hours after 9-11. We have however succeeded in guaranteeing, that never, ever, will an airliner be hijacked by terrorists wielding finger nail clippers or pet fish. I have an old copy of Poor Richard's Almanac in my bookcase, I'd best burn it pronto.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook©®

I don't know of any. But if they keep expanding what things are considered "terrorist" in nature, they'll have to catch all of us. This garbage appears to be out of hand. If almanacs can be used to plan terrorist activities, then so can the internet / computers, television, libraries, newspapers, museums, etc. Any source of maps, census information, weather, movement of important people, whatever. Bert said it pretty well in his post quoted below.

I don't want to be an alarmist, but this stuff really ticks me off. Our government is in way too many parts of our lives already and trying to get more. AND they make us pay them to do it.

-- Eric "I better go have a beer now" Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

We're Almananiacs! Maps are maps and facts are facts....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

onal1426EST0580.DTL&type=printable

When maps are outlawed, men will be forced to stop to ask for directions.

Reply to
ArtU

shades Of Fahrenheit 451 ?

Humm..... I'd better pull the alarm box, I spotted my neighbor looking at a map.

> > onal1426EST0580.DTL&type=printable

Reply to
ArtU

The names of all the passengers on all the flights were known 24 hours after 9/11. That was because of a lot of hard work by the airlines, and is pretty standard. (If you want some insight, read _The Mystery of Flight 427: Inside a Crash Investigation_ by Bill Adair. Realize that the problems with listing the souls on 427 resulted in changes that made generating passenger lists easier on subsequent crashes. It's an excellent book and a good read, by the way. It gives the feel of what it was like to be there.)

Who was and who wasn't a hijacker was not known for days. The news media jumped quickly on the 19 Arabic names and jumped to conclusions that had not yet been proven.

The FBI (and all the other responding agencies and individuals - DMORT, DMAT, PADIT, coroners, funeral home directors and funeral home staff, PA State Police, United Airlines, etc.) acted with utmost professionalism.

They did the job right, and doing the job right means they didn't identify the terrorists within 24 hours of the crash. The Flight 93 site was the best chance for forensic evidence that might be useful in further investigations and any trials. Everyone knew this.

Like I said. They did it right. Not in 24 hours.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

"ArtU" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@buckeye-express.com:

No way! Either the womenfolk ask, or it'll just take longer to get there!

Reply to
David W.

"Eric Benner" wrote in news:sSmIb.259711$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

The worst case I've heard of is a couple school kids who were arrested as terrorists for sticking postit notes around town with some obscure quote from a video game. Apparently, all the other kids (who play video games) got a snicker from the stunt, while law enforcement was convinced Osama was going to pay them a personal visit.

Do they make an anti-paranoia drug? Can we get it put into the water supplies at all government buildings? Sheesh!

Reply to
David W.