Now Almanacs are dangerous

Mental illness.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Oh, that's gonna help the defense,... ;)

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Just curious where TRA falls into this continuum.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"For most people, the question of whether or not we are alone in the universe is a mere philosophical musing ? something of academic interest but of no practical importance. Even evidence that we are currently being visited by non-human advanced life forms seems to many to be an irrelevancy in a world of global warming, crushing poverty and the threat of war. In the face of real challenges to the long-term human future, the question of UFOs, extraterrestrials and secret government projects is a mere sideshow, right? Wrong ? catastrophically wrong. Scott Oliver wrote:"

not all conspiracies are just theories

are you willing to approach the material on the following site with objectivity?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

snip

Yes, I can approach pretty much anything with objectivity and I have visited the site. I see nothing there other than repeated allegations of a vast conspiracy to withhold information of extra-terrestrial visitations. No, I did not choose to pay for the ability view the witness testimony portion of the site.

I do not consider people making unsubstantiated claims to be "proof".

A crucial piece of all conspiracy theories is the government's (or whatever the suppressing organization may be) ability to keep a secret. This is also their Achilles heel. As we have seen time and again, the probability of a secret being revealed increases with each additional person in on the secret. The more open the society that government/organization is part of, the more difficult it is to keep the secret. Look how quickly the atomic bomb information, which at the time was the most important secret we'd ever had, was compromised. Yet you expect me to believe that not one of the hundreds or thousands of people who have or have had this information has, either from altruism or (more probably) greed, made the exact, specific details public? Perhaps I'm a hopeless cynic when it comes to the human condition but I consider the fact that we haven't seen anybody (aside from CT lecturers, of course) making a profit from alien technology to be the surest sign that it doesn't exist. To paraphrase the line from "Jurassic Park", "Greed will find a way."

FWIW, I do believe we are probably not the only sentient creatures in the universe. I do not, however, claim to have "proof" of that belief and I'm still hopefully waiting for someone else to offer any.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Oliver

zoot wrote in news:9196vvkt8874ehb4f9ejab759gupghg5mu@

4ax.com:

They were all taken off and transported to the future just before the plane crashed...

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Millenium (1989) from

"An investigator seeking the cause of an airline disaster discovers the involvement of an organisation of time travellers from a future Earth irreparably polluted who seek to rejuvenate the human race from those about to die in the past. Based on a novel by John Varley."

trailers at

- iz :)

Le> They were all taken off and transported to the future just before the > plane crashed...

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

If only it were so.

Great story. Terrible movie.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

same concept as

Freejack 1992 from

"Auto racer Alex Furlong is snatched by time travel, a split second before a fatal explosion, by Vasendak's 21st-century team of techies, who plan to sell his healthy body to an ailing rich man at McCandless Corporation, for a mind transfer. He escapes, but has no rights in this nightmare future of violence and sleaze. The story concerns his survival, and his attempt to revive his relationship with his fiancée Julie, now 15 years older and an executive at McCandless."

trailers at

- iz

Cliff Sojourner wrote:

Reply to