Looking for SR-71 fin template

Hi. I'd appreciate it if someone could get me a link to or send a scan of (preferably not too large) the fin templates for an Estes SR-71 Blackbird? I bought one of the 2004 re-releases and the balsa wasn't die cut in the slightest.

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
Darnon

Contact Estes customer service & explain your circumstances to them. I'm sure they'll take care of the problem. DR

Reply to
Darian Rachal

Yeah. I figured I'd try and find it online first though. I doubt they could send me a template I could print out and cut off of. I would probably have to wait while they send me new balsa.

Reply to
Darnon

Boy, they must be busy today. Can't get through at all.

Reply to
Darnon

Well, I finally got through to Estes, but for 1-2 weeks until I get my new (hopefully) die-cut balsa, I'm still on the search.

-Darnon

Reply to
Darnon

I've got a Blackbird sitting in the box that I could open & trace the patterns needed & snail mail it to you & they ought to get to you 2 or 3 days after that. Email me directly with your address if you want to do that. -- Richard "just helped build the bridge at Higgs Farm & boy, does my back ache!!" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

If you have a scanner just pop out the parts and put the "tree" on a scanner bed. Scane and e-mail

done.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Not really considering the way that Estes likes to puts parts side by side, although just scanning the balsa would do the job.

Actually, early in my search I tried taking the Centuri SR-71 kit to get the proper shapes, but the scales never seemed to match up (as soon as I got one part to be what I thought was the right size, another would be wrong. At this point I just figured it wasn't worth the trouble)

-Darnon

Reply to
Darnon

Wow, I have to say one thing for Estes customer support: they're fast! I'd calle dtheir customer support late Friday and no sooner than I arrived home today did I find sitting on my doorstep a box from Estes. Opening it was another complete SR-71 kit (24 mm, anyone?), which was a surprise since I was told to expect it within 1-2 weeks. And its an original on top of that with painfully thin shock chord and water transfer decals. Thanks Estes!

-Darnon

Reply to
Darnon

Estes customer service rocks!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I put the fin templates I traced in the mail today, but since Estes sent you a whole new kit, save the templates in case you need to make repairs/ repalcements down the road. -- Richard "what does Estes do if you have photo documentation of say a CATO-damaged Edmonds kit & the spent dud engine?" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Send you a motor and a trans-wing :-)

Bob Kaplow

Not surprising. SInce manufacturing is offshore, all they have are complete kits. It's easier to send out a kit than just the missing part.

Bob Kaplow