Converting Free Flight SR-71

Has anyone out there converted one of the
freeflight Hobbylabs SR-71 to R/C?
Thoughts, advice?
Thanks ahead,
all the best,
Mike Jerauld
NAR 78750, L2
VP DART
Blast From the..yadda yadda yadda.....etc.
(Shut up already Mike)
Reply to
Mike Jerauld
Mike, David Schaefer has flown his converted free flight model many times. Including a flight at LDRS last year.
I can't recall his E-mail address offhand (and I wouldn't post it here if I could) but he is the chairman of the NAR level 3 committee so there should be something on the NAR website if you want to contact him.
There are some photos and videos of a flight here:
They are near the bottom of the page.
Notice that Dave put a couple of white stripes on the bottom to help him figure out which side was up during flight.
Mike Jerauld wrote:
Reply to
David Schultz