Vacuum bagging reloads....

Is there any negative aspects to vacuum bagging reloads (using a food saver)? The food saver is non-adjustable as far as the amount of vacuum goes. I thought this might be a good idea to keep the grains from oxidizing. We're talking E thru G range.

tia...

Stones

Reply to
stones

There is no point. The grains contain oxidizer.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I see your point, however... I would think the delay grains and BP would still be vulnerable, to oxidation, and the whole reload is always vulnerable to moisture from temp changes and the like.

Stones

Reply to
stones

I can see some value because some propellant is hygroscopic, and letting it sit open lets water get into it. Propellants using Strontium Nitrate tend to absorb water, and Ammonium Nitrate sucks it up too.

Reply to
Stephen Corban

I've done this with my propellents (KNO3/sugar) and it works fine I did this at my work where we vacuum to 4 mBar, with no problems after that, since it is hygroscopic.

jeroen

Reply to
jeroen