SR-71 is back!

Type in SR-71 in the search box.

They're back!

(Tip provided by someone at the AMA Convention last weekend).

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

The SR-71 isn't in production again. Fifty or so were found in a warehouse. There are about seven left out of the stash. Regs, ....Ed

Reply to
....Ed

Those things were so expensive, you'd think the military would keep better track of them....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

A lot cheaper than what they're going for on eBay, while they last. Sounds like they're almost all gone. Hurry!

Reply to
Scott D. Hansen

Heard a story about WWII where they had 300 tanks parked on a frozen Finnish lake in the winter........someone asked about them in July.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

is there a golden retriever and a stick of dynamite in this story?

;)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

This last summer I spoke with the people at Galaxy RPV, and they still had some, both F/F and R/C, as well as some "Stacked like cord wood, in the back" in varying states of assembly. You could talk to them as well if looking for one, or parts to repair one.

Dickinson's

At

they are annoucing it as back:

I was just at a Hobby Lobby here in Northern Kentucky and saw two on the pegs in what appears to be brand new packaging at $16.99 per. Also had two Outlanders in the same style new packaging at $18.99 each. For what it's worth, it does indeed seem to be back in production.

Scott McCrate NAR 71680

Reply to
Scott McCrate

No, NO, NO!!

The HOBBYLAB SR-71, not the Estes SR-71!!

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

"Fred Shecter" wrote in = message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.boeing.com... No, NO, NO!!

The HOBBYLAB SR-71, not the Estes SR-71!!

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
BB

That IS, what it says.

Same here Scott. All 3 local Hobby Lobby's have them and the packaging looks different from the last 2 we purchased about 5 years ago.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Hmmm, I thought extes had replaced the SR-71 with the (whatever was the thing? I wnat to say NightHawk but that's the wrong name) because Lockmart owned the rights to the name. So now it's back. Chris Taylor will be happy, and will probably try to enter it in Scale at NARAM again :-)

Bob Kaplow

My bad. Actually Discount Rocketry is proclaiming the Estes SR-71 to be back so I thought that's what you were referring to. One of these days I'm going to use the Apogee SR-72 Darkbird technique to make one of the Estes jobs into an internal pop-pod glider. Anyone done that yet?

Scott McCrate

Reply to
Scott McCrate