Am I being paranoid or is someone out to get me?

As most of the regular readers know I have been operating my fotopic site

just over 2 months.

As part of that site's facilities I get a weekly report on the top visitors. Last week's highest had the highest number at 361 hits with the next nearest being 97 hits - and the next highest were all about that number.

What 'concerns' me is that the last part of the top visitor's address is (first part removed..) washdc.east.verizon.net

Can someone shed any light on this address? Am I being monitored by some secret agent in a deep, dark, recess in Washington DC because of the caption I've put on Cliff's photo at

have been over 1000 hits on this picture alone.

If there is someone who is genuinely interested in the photos please do let me know and put me out of misery :-))

Reply to
Mike Hughes

Well according to some BTP officers thinking, you are a photogher so must therefore be a terrorist, maybe the CIA are thinking along the same lines.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Capture Boy

In message , Capture Boy writes

LOL

Have a look at the August issue of Taxi "talk" magazine

when it's posted to the web i a couple of days to see an article and photos I've taken at Brighton!

Reply to
Mike Hughes

In article , Mike Hughes writes

No.

Verizon is a big consumer ISP. This simply means the reader is connected via their DC node, which is in their eastern division.

No more suspicious than ....london.southeast.bigisp.co.uk.

Reply to
Clive D. W. Feather

There are sites that can draw you a little map of where the address resolves to physically, and who the IP blongs too if you are really worried - but it's more likely that someone found it funny as passed the link around the office or whatever (so you only see their gateway IP address). If it were Uncle Sam looking for some silo's they've lost, the IP would be fake anyway......

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Perhaps the Cliff Richard fan club (Washington Branch) like the photo ?

Bevan

Reply to
Bevan Price

Perhaps the Apostrophe Protection Society don't like the caption.

Reply to
Railsigns.co.uk

Perhaps it just shows that the US national security bods have a sense of humour as well!

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X
[snip]

You could never accuse them of having a sense of humour, a more po-faced bunch I've never come across. Latin American dictatorships have a better sense of humour.

Reply to
Graeme Wall

There's still a Cliff Richard fan club?

I'd heard he'd passed on due to alcohol poisoning.

-Pete

Reply to
Twibil

(In Bugs Bunny's voice): He don't know them very well, do he?

-Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Always been a mystery to me, if you have a fake IP address how does the response get back to you ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Does it matter which Black Sabbath track you play - they all sound alike to me, and have never understood any of the words. Especially when live (Leicester De Montfort 197....something).

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Just remember, even paranoids have real enemies.

mark

Reply to
mark

I think they pretty much all start out with something akin to "LUCIFER, DO YOUR DUTY! SLAM MY HEAD AND SHAKE YOUR BOOTY! WHAM! BAM! THANK YOU NELL! WE'RE ALL ABOARD AMTRACK TO HELL!!" and rapidly go downhill from there.

No, don't thank me.

-Pete

Reply to
Twibil

In message , Bevan Price writes

Yes, but are the ones without COMMAn sense?

Reply to
Mike Hughes

I doubt they would appreciate the irony in your remark.

Reply to
Chris Tolley

In message , at 21:46:54 on Fri, 1 Aug 2008, simon remarked:

Not so much "fake" perhaps, as "stealth". Registered to a different entity that does not cause any suspicion.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Do you mean they dont use domain fbi.org - The rotters

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I think they pretty much all start out with something akin to "LUCIFER, DO YOUR DUTY! SLAM MY HEAD AND SHAKE YOUR BOOTY! WHAM! BAM! THANK YOU NELL! WE'RE ALL ABOARD AMTRACK TO HELL!!" and rapidly go downhill from there.

No, don't thank me.

-Pete

You could be right, but its ok as it wasnt a burning question.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon