Re: Someone help me please!!

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:37:59 -0400, rgmw Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a

newsgroup and I am getting at least 2 calls a day from people I don't >know. These people are calling all hours of the night when my husband is >gone, so please tell me what I can do...please > >please post but to email remove Spam e

Call the police.

-- Stephen Horgan,

"intelligent people will tend to overvalue intelligence"

Reply to
Stephen Horgan

In message , rgmw writes

And they know your "husband is gone" how???

Reply to
Aramis Gunton

They work at the hobby shop. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Strikes me that your nuisance calls has nothing to do with you indiscretion at all. The culprit(s) clearly know when your husband is not at home. They probably know you.

I would suggest you go to a sports shop and buy a football referee's whistle to leave by the phone. When you are sure that you are once more receiving an unwanted call, blow it as hard as you can into the mouthpiece. That usually sorts the problem.

If it doesn't or alternatively follow the procedure in your phonebook and notify BT (even if BT is not your provider). They will monitor your line. This means that every call to your phone will be recorded regardless of whether the 141 option is exercised or not. BT will prosecute and/or disconeect nuisance callers.

Reply to
Mel Rowing

Hmmm; perhaps that's the personal information she posted to the newsgroup.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I thought perhaps she was Lady Lucan...

Bill Banaszak, MFE