Am I being paranoid or is someone out to get me?

Excuse me. I am confused. Is this a model railroad post?

Reply to
Crest Hill, Illinois

Nope. But at least its associated with newsgroup posts and demonstrates the wonder of the internet where you can learn so much. By the way this is an example of a bottom post. :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Dont know what youre complaining about, have kept it simple in the hope of getting a simple reply.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

No complaints, merely confusion. I have to be honest here... I don't have the faintest clue what you are talking about! ;-)))

Tecky stuff was never my thing???

Reply to
darkprince66

This is an example of a top post.

Reply to
Crest Hill, Illinois

Not to mention bad manners.

Reply to
Twibil

Not really. It's a fairly mundane one.

Reply to
Chris Tolley

I'd forgotten about sendmail.cf. If he's getting *that* confused with faking IP addresses then he really needs help.

Yep - I forgot to add that he was also confusing the characteristics of TCP and UDP. In certain circumstances it used to be possible to confuse TCP connections (see Kevin Mitnick for details) but modern systems are immune to that kind of thing. Not so for UDP, and that's a current problem with the Kaminsky cache poisoning threat.

But this is so far off topic that it might even be interesting to some people.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Mundane would not be in Florida where Piers Anthony lives.

Reply to
Crest Hill, Illinois

And experts too!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Oh dear, does that mean you are aware of the convention ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Seen the start of what appears to be another trap. Mails saying the latest update of pdf or iexplore available now. Connect to dodgy link to download.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

It all depends on where I am posting. I have two other newsgroups that scream bloody murder if I post at the bottom. EXCUSE ME IF I FORGOT WHERE I WAS AT.

Reply to
Crest Hill, Illinois

Do try not to shout, theres no need - esp on uk.rec.models.rail. May I ask why you dont do it for all groups, they all have the same convention ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

All other groups that I converse in post at the top.

Reply to
Crest Hill, Illinois

On 8/6/2008 4:34 PM Crest Hill, Illinois spake thus:

Let me guess: those are Micro$oft newsfroups?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl