Can someone direct me to some trip hammer plans?

Doesn't matter it its hydraulic or cam driven.
Thanks
Reply to
Modat22
Have you considered compressed air as a power source?
Reply to
Jack Hayes
The Kinyon style air hammer plans are available from ABANA.
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Doesn't matter air would work as well.
Reply to
Modat22
Or Stuart (in the Channel Islands) do a nice kit for a model steam hammer, maybe you could scale it up. :-) Mike in BC
Reply to
mcgray
I used the Kinyon plans to build my hammer. However I would call them a "conceptual design primer" rather than plans. After saying that would I spend the money for them again? Yes, I would.
Bill
Reply to
plain ol Bill
It takes a fair bit of air. Unless you make a small version, you will probably need a 5HP (real 5HP) two stage compressor or larger. I don't have one myself, just what I know people use.
Steve
Reply to
Steve Smith

search "junkyard hammer" , "JYH", "homebuilt powerhammer"
Lots of info online.
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones