Train trip -- Midwest floods

The amount of land stil flooded after midwest floods, is like a smal
country. I did not realize just how much was flooded, homesand cars
abandonded, etc.
sorry for typos
Reply to
Ignoramus27906
I'm paying 25% more for yukon golds, my potatoe of choice. Really doesn't matter where it is grown, a lot of the potato crop got drownded. Katrina was a small event, politically driven. Keep your mind and eyes open.
Wes
Wes
matter where it
Katrina *was* a significant event, but the media coverage of it and it's aftermath has indeed been very politically biased. The media coverage has nearly exclusively focused on the areas of high minority population, portraying them as victims of the storm, the government, crime, etc. and how all these years later the taxpayers haven't rebuilt everything for the poor disadvantaged minorities. There has been virtually no media coverage of the similarly walloped areas of Mississippi where the population is/was similarly poor, but instead of whining for the government to do everything for them, they went to work rebuilding. Covering that wouldn't be politically correct since that population is the wrong color and showing what's happened there might undermine the New Orleans story. Pretty disgusting, what journalistic integrity there used to be has been totally replaced by political bias.
Reply to
Pete C.
Simply the medias version of affermative action.
Best Regards Tom.
Reply to
azotic
Gosh, once a racial bias was described as discrimination, the English language has morphed into Orwellian New Speak.
Wes
Reply to
Wes