Midwest T-6 ?

Hey gang:

I have an opportunity to purchase this kit at a very reasonable price (Including Robart Retracts) However I notice this kit is discontinued. I have built other kits that were discontinued after a very short run, and after flying them it was obivious why. (they flew crummy) So how about this one ??? anyone out there have one flying ???

Denis Winters

Reply to
Denis Winters

The Midwest T-6 was a very popular kit some years ago. I think the problem is more the passing of the GREAT Frank Garcher and the resultant changes of Midwest Model Products, much rather than the models Midwest produced under Frank's able leadership. I never did one however I have seen several fly. Those were all flown by able pilots and looked great. One local guy used to really put on a show with one powered, IIRC, a Zenoah G-45. IMO it is definitely NOT a first scale model. Currently in my club, it seems no one knows how to build models anymore.

Good Luck.

Reply to
cainhd

"Currently in my club, it seems no one knows how to build models anymore"

unfortunately I dont think its just your club, However as it is a hobby it need to be fun so if building is not fun DONT DO IT!

Thanks for the T-6 info

Denis.

Reply to
Denis Winters