Pictures of Amtrak cross trip IL --> CA

Finally downloaded all, although I still have to do some cleanup. Downloading 800 pictures by hand would not be fun, so I let a script handle it, even that took an hour.

here are some promised pictures of naked female butts.

The rest is here,

Ignoramus10571

I wonder if they know they are famous now?

Btw, I was supprised on how my Sony V3 and Sony HLV-32X external flash held up. Must have shot 200+ pictures in an hour. I was in Auburn Hills at Fanuc and toured the Walter P. Chrysler museum.

I'm going to do Greenfield Village this coming year.

Wes

Wes

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 16:46:25 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus10571 scrawled the following:

Send those into the local TV stations near where they were taken. It should provide some local color when they're recognized, wot?

Ig, is that your lovely wife in 0132? Nice figure! What does she think of your choice of laptop wallpaper? Personally, I adore Maria Sharapova. ;)

Damn, Ig. You take pictures like I do. Mostly equipment, buildings, landscapes, hardware stores, and very few people. Congrats!

I only wish you had labeled each pic as to location and content. F'rinstance, what river was that red-shirted fisherman hiking to? There sure were a pot full of dead pine trees around that area.

0451 reminds me of the red clay area around Sedona, AZ. 0508 looks like someone lost their balcony or deck. Oops! 0643 hey, you finally made it to the Left Coast! Congrats again. 0688 ah, immature kinis. I hope you threw 'em back. Kini fishing is the only thing I miss from California.

Hope you had a nice trip.

-- Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. -- Earl Warren

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Doubtfully these butts know anything. :)

up. Must have

Yes, I was impressed with my camera too, as I think it took all those pictures on ONE battery charge and left some charge after that.

Reply to
Ignoramus10571

I think that yes, we both have the taste for things with some history and flair.

I will try. 0074 and thereabouts actually picture Midwest areas that are still flooded. I did not have a camera for most of that area, unfortunately, but it was a huge swath of swamped land, abandoned homes, submerged cars etc.

Colorado River, I think.

Ignoramus10571

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 01:54:27 -0600, the infamous Ignoramus10571 scrawled the following:

Right, the best of nature and man.

Oh, I had glossed over those as being fairly uninteresting. I'll take a closer look now. See how important captions are?

If so, it was the very first mile of the Colorado. That crick was smaller than the little stream which flows through Grants Pass, the Rogue River. Pics 299 through 315.

That compressor on the train is a whopper, wot?

-- Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. -- Earl Warren

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey Iggy,

Great stuff!!! I bet Iggy Jr. will remember much of that rip for the rest of his life!!

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

ps....are there two Iggy juniors? is that little Iggy Jr Jr in front of the garage with Ig Jr?

pps to Larry...re 508... the next shot shows the gazebo as replaced. Nice looking ranch! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I learned at least one thing today. It must be a tradition to moon the train. I've only taken a short ride on a train, don't like how they whee whaa back and forth. Airplanes are better, but never got mooned in one.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 09:51:19 -0600, the infamous Sunworshipper scrawled the following:

It must be a strange Coloradoan ritual.

Ah, ya wuss.

That only happens at certain speed and terrains. On a cross country trip (or, in my case, a length-of-California trip), you don't notice it except while pulling into or out of towns with stops, or some of the longer, tighter bends in the mountain passes.

Maybe you don't look down enough. ;) While I was making love to my girlfriend up on Upper Table Rock, a mesa butte here in So Oregon, I commented that I felt like I was mooning that jet going overhead, my bare ass shining up at them. We got a good laugh from that one. Later, I got some good shots of Mt. McLaughlin, our Fiji of the West.

-- Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. -- Earl Warren

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Was that his wallpaper? I got the idea she might be a singer, maybe I'm wrong.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

2nd runner-up: (total sweetness)

Place: (what a smile)

All that it has is my email address, I think, everyone knows it by now.

Reply to
Ignoramus7766

Finally an off-topic post I can appreciate.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I did a friendly check of your screen. I'd have contacted you privately if you had blown it.

Wes

Wes