Amtrak News

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" (not me!) spake thus:

I didn't post this. Notice provocative x-posting.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

TWO AMTRAK WOLVERINE TRAINS HAVE NEW EASTBOUND SCHEDULES: Lake Michigan is less of an impediment to travel between the Milwaukee and Detroit areas, effective with the semi-annual Amtrak schedule change on April 2. That's because Train 350, the morning Wolverine Service train eastbound from Chicago, has a new schedule allowing for a connection from the first Hiawatha Service train arriving in Chicago from Milwaukee. Additionally, Train 352, the mid-day Wolverine Service, will depart Chicago during the noon hour to offer more attractive arrivals in Michigan. The new schedules are below. "The Amtrak Wolverine Service continues to post ridership gains and these changes are aimed to better serve our passengers needs by further improving the schedules and connections, " said Harris M. Cohen, Amtrak Program Manager, Business Initiatives. In figures for the five months ending Feb. 28, 174,275 passengers rode on the six trains on the Chicago-Detroit- Pontiac corridor, an increase of

5.3 percent from the same period a year earlier. Ticket revenue is up by more than $425,000 and is in excess of $5.9 million for the five months of the current Amtrak fiscal year. Overall, Amtrak ridership across the 46-state network of trains is also up for the Oct. 2006-Feb. 2007 period. The total of 9,934,410 passengers is an increase of more than four percent from the year-ago figure and includes double-digit increases on several routes. (Amtrak - posted 3/23)
Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Amtrak is a huge waste of taxpayer money. Why should I pay for someone to ride this? The sooner we stop kidding ourselves that this is not just a transfer of wealth the sooner it will be over.

Wikipeida. The McDonald's of the information age.

Reply to
DavidNebenzahl

Reply to
curtmchere