Trumpeters 1/35 Loco

John, From what I've read on the net and in articles the BR52 was one of the standard Reichsbahn engines. There were two tender designs a square riveted unit (early?) and a rounded unit that was more easily produced. You could show it pulling most of the available cars - Tank transporter flat cars, and the box cars etc available from ironsides. If they were shipping tanks I would expect it would be many flatcars with similar units. There's a few places to be careful. The original release of the Leopold gun had 1/32nd scale rail trucks - so it would fit with a popular model RR scale. One post indicated that this was later corrected to 1/35th - but that was the only mention of such a change. Basically be careful what you get all has the same track scale. A Morser Karl with support cars may make a interesting set. There's a Yahoo Group that specializes in Military trains. The HO and N scale guys have had many discussions on shipping things like midgit submarines - V-2 Rockets, disassembled Messerschmidts etc.

VLS had some Reichsbahn crew figures - engineer and fireman in a recent flyer.

Hope this helps.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

A flatcar with a dissasembled aircraft under a tarp would be sort of neat...and different.

I'm looking forward to building this loco myself. The etch sets for it from Eduard look particularly juicy.

Reply to
Rufus

"Val Kraut" wrote in news:76Rrg.7891$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga:

FWIW. In one of the Squadron books is a picture of an armored unit being shipped the loads were actually mixed Panther on one car and trucks/cars on others.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Hullo Folks, Am going to be getting Trumps Loco soon (on backorder) and would like info on just what hung on the back of a german loco tooling 'round Europe in the early forties. I have an 8' long mantle piece and can just see a loco and some dragon rail cars stretched across it. Any ideas suggestions or hints?? I have no prob's making it up as i go, but would like to be close to real if I can. TIA, Tak

Reply to
john

I got a peek inside the box from someone who bought one on these monsters. I hope you have a lot of time on your hands (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

From all the sources I've seen the smoke deflectors are essentially post war additions - so I'll probably pass on them - but the rest look really good.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Going back to the early 80s I remember seeing plastic kits of a number of locomotives, firetrucks and 1:1 plastic replicas of pistols. Is it possible that Trumpy's locomotive is a reissue of an old kit? The old kit was probably on a much smaller scale than 1/35 though.

Reply to
ppp

Yup. Get some photos and apply accordingly. That's what I like about the sets - they're so extensive with so much to pick and choose from.

Reply to
Rufus

Hmmmnnn...I didn't think about the loco pushing a car...like a flatcar with an AA gun and crew on it...now that would be neat.

Reply to
Rufus

Thx for the info Val. By Ironsides you mean a model company and not Raymond burr?? I have not heard of them (am Down under here). I'll check out the rail newsgroups too, didn't think of them. Thx again, Tak

Reply to
john

Hey Rufus. The aircraft is an interesting thought but complicates things ... so now is going to the front or back from it?? I like the idea of a return trip ... the 'plane and other partial wrecks. I never have much luck with etch sets so it'll be oob for me. Regards, Tak

Reply to
john

Hullo Frank. Do you know of many/any books on the loco itself?? Can't say I've seen any, but then haven't thought to look. I guess I should try huh! Been doing google searches for pic though. Tak

Reply to
john

Other than work I got no life so i got too much time on my hands ;-P... Tak

Reply to
john

You're thinking of all the Revell (of Germany) and US H0 (1:87.1) models of various European and Americal steam locos.

Also there was "The Geneal" loco in 1:48 scale made by MPC. Nice model. I have couple of them.

And Iseem to recall that Entex made several models of Japanese locomotives (electric and steam). I don't recall the scale.

Trumpeter loco is a new mold.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

i wonder why no trolleys? i would love a ca car, a double decker open or closed, some interurbans would be good. perhaps a gas powered mexican and a natural gas or naptha car. there is 80 years of transports that don't exist for modelers....seems sad.

I have a feeling that someone at some time did make a model kit of a San Francisco Cable Car. I just don't know about it.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Yeah there was 1/48th one from Hawk, I think.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

pyro. and there is a toonerville trolley outnthere. but those are not representing the many thousands of cars that were in use. rosie didn't take the bus to the b17 plant, she wrote a trolley,. in 1946, you could ride the interurban lines and go cross country. a guy did it. took him a month and cost $22.11 in fares. oil and bus makers promoted busses as cheaper. they weren't, eben then. a long gone bar in harvard sq had pictures of the last trolleys from arlington heights and no camb. i spent many nights making them blurry.

Yeah - a flatcar full of sandbags or something like that.

Reply to
Rufus

I've seen photographs occasionally of trains pushing two wagons in front of the locomotive. The trains didn't travel very fast so that there was time to slow down or stop if the first wagon hit a mine. Having two also kept the blast away from the locomotive and made repair and recovery of the train easier.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin