Pictures of Powermatic 1150 drill press

It has some kind of a foot pedal also. Hopefully for raising and lowering the table. I do not have possession of it yet.

Ignoramus19052

For those of you who care...

2.184" non-rotating quill diameter... 3.769" spindle length from quill...

Morse Taper #2...

.997" spindle diameter.

Decent machine. At the price he paid, if it works well, he stole it.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe, you have great sleuthing skills if you found out how much I paid. ($414). I guess that you noticed Winternitz logo at the bottom and figured it out. Thanks for these details. I will call powermatic for a manual, once I get the DP and its serial number etc.

Usually, things from bankrupt companies do work, in my experience. I will see how it goes.

Ignoramus19052

Foot pedal on/off are MARVELOUS on a drill press!

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

Oh:) If the foot pedal is for turning the DP on and off, I am in HEAVENS!!!

Gunner, how heavy is that drill press you think? Can it be easily disassembled for transport? CanI lower it to horizontal position alone without major disassembly?

Ignoramus4664

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 06:23:22 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

You could rig one up for your big Gorton for the fwd/off/rev switch. The switch on the wall felt awkward to me when I used it to tap that handle we made.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think the foot pedal will turn out to be a quill advance so you can hold a workpiece with 2 hands and drill with your foot.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I'm a good investigator... But I didn't do any on this post. I thought you had mentioned in another thread that it was a $300-400 machine or something like that. I posted my comment based on a $400 sale price. Maybe I'm remembering facts from a different conversation. But... Even if I am, I was close!

Much success to you.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Some can drop the table to the foot, and then drop the head. Should be about 350 lbs..can be done on a decent hand truck.

Shrug

Id pull the head if it wont slide all the way down. Should be one or 2 pinch bolts holding it up. Might need help or a forklift to remove it..is a bit..ungainly.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

I really need to rewire and hook the VFD to the existing forward/reverse switch already mounted on the head..lazy I guess. Ive gotten so used to doing the reach over it dosent bother me any more.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

Yeah... I will take a hand truck... I hope that I can do it by myself...

commits suicide"

Reply to
Ignoramus4664

I have a forward-reverse foot switch for my VFD'd drill press. I use it most often when tapping. Stopping and starting without taking my hand from the quill feed is pretty much a necessity when tapping.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I will do exactly as you say...