Mini-lathe heads-up for canucks

Both Princess Auto and Busy Bee have their versions of the 7xN on sale; the Princess auto is called a 7x12 and the Busy Bee is called a

7x8. The Busy Bee one is a bit nicer, I think; has a cam-operated tailstock bed clamp. I didn't measure the bed to see how much difference there was.

Princess Auto does have a steady rest, a follow rest, a QC toolpost and a cut-off holder and tool to fit their version. The rests fit the Craftex (Busy Bee) as well, and the prices are better than Little Machine Shop when you count exchange and shipping etcetera - and they are not available from Busy Bee. I didn't look at the tool holders but I assume they would as well, and the prices are good.

Reply to
jtaylor