WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

Picked up an old Powermatic drill press with 3" column, looking for a table raising/lowering mechanism.....

TIA Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

I am looking for the same thing

Ignoramus27079

I have the rack from a Delta DP-10 - is it the same?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Bill Noble

can you take some pictures. I have a serious interest if it is shippable.

Ignoramus27079

Igy - contact me off list with a valid email address and I'll send you a photo of the DP-10 stuff I have left my email is no my web page,

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Bill Noble

Maybe not the answer you want, but why not cobble up a counter weight of some sort. Old window balance weights perhaps. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Reply to
Ignoramus27079

Talk about budgers! Ig, you gonna jump on the next one too? Hope you find one, Marty.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Don Foreman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ya, I thought the same. I ask, he jumps in. :-)

Maybe Gunner will find me one. Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

"Greg O" wrote in news:3AMOk.225475$ZW7.95610 @fe10.news.easynews.com:

Greg, funny you mention that. I just read an article on same. Might do that if I can't find one. Thanks Marty

Reply to
Marty Escarcega
[posted and mailed]

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply, yes, if it was for a 3" column, I would have been interested in it if Iggy hadn't of jumped in. Let me know if still available. Thanks Marty

"Bill Noble" wrote in news:b0803$490b7161$30826 @news.teranews.com:

Reply to
Marty Escarcega

so far, I've sent photos to everyone who inquired - we shall see if these parts are useful to someone

oh, and I have two spare columns still - the kind that mount to a table - these are all for the Z-head 17" Delta DP-10 but they may fit other things

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Bill Noble

Bill, I saw the parts, they are nice, but I think that my drill press requires something a little different.

Ignoramus10571

Yes, it looks very proprietary to the Delta. I think I'll watch for Powermatic specific parts. I may well take the idea offered and make one up like this suggests:

Marty Escarcega

I wonder if one could use a sash 'spring balance' to do the same thing in a faster, less complicated way?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

--Winston