Stetson the Rocket Dog has died

Stetson was born October 15, 1998 and left this world July 22, 2011, living to the ripe old age of 12 Years and 9 Months. He led a charmed life, achieving notoriety with an extensive bag of tricks, chief among these being his rocket launching antics which landed him in dozens of stories in papers, magazines and even on TV. The TV coverage and a few of his rocket vids are posted at

or see
But Stetson never let the fame go to his head, and was a sweetheart till the end. We thank God for the time he was in our lives. Stetson was one of God's finest creations and brought an immeasurable amount of joy into our lives.

This tribute video

starts at the beginning and follows a loose chronology of Stetsons very full life, ending up with the new Sheltie puppy named Samson who Stetson watched over and tutored for the last 7 months of his life. Samson picked up many of Stetsons behaviors, so he lives on in Samson, who has already stepped into Stetson's role of watching over and loving us in that special way which only Shelties can.

Be forewarned, if you knew Stetson, this video will make you cry.

Some of you older members, may remember the original post that started it all:

Robert Byrd

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 05:53:40 -0700 (PDT), Robert Byrd puked:

Beautiful dog. Sorry to hear he passed, but he seemed to have had a good life.

Just for fun, here are my collies:

lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

Sorry to hear about him. I do indeed remember reading about him here all those years ago. Please accept my condolences.

Doug

.
Reply to
plano-doug