O engines

I have not seen an O-size engine yet. Can somebody tell me were?

Come to Balls-15 You'll see plenty.

ROFL!
Randy www.vernarockets.com

Can somebody tell you where you have not seen an O-size engine? Sure. Everywhere you have been.

On my screen that's about the size of a Micromax. I've seen loads of those!
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /
ajdewolf wrote:

Here you go; http://www.pro38.com/products/pro150/pro150.php
Think the case is something like 2k and the reload 2k as well.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
ajdewolf wrote:

The good Doctor, Frank Kosdon had an O10000. One of his motors was in my hotel room at a launch a number of years back. 4" by 6' if my memory serves.
Bruce Kirchner
Bruce Kirchner wrote:

Got a old Rocketman video with a O10k on it. Oy veh...way loud!
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Yup, In a fiberglass casing no less....or as the legend goes to keep the mass fraction down. It comes with a 2.3 sec burn time. I'm not sure , but it might be a true 4" motor???
JD

JDcluster wrote:

This particular motor was a typical Kosdon "Truly Reloadable Motor" - just bigger - Aluminum tube, graphite nozzle, snap rings, etc. Some guy from Wisconsin was trying to sell raffle tickets @ 100 bucks a pop for it. He wanted to sell 10 tickets and the winner would get the motor plus propellant. I don't think he was able to sell enough tickets.
It WAS a big arsed motor though!
Bruce

We flew one out at Black Rock back in 2000 and it was a true 4" motor, 6ft long with an aluminium casing. We had a boosted dart on the front of it and just bolted our booster recovery onto the forward closure and bonded a fin can to the bottom of it. It was sweeeeeet. There's video out there of the launch somewhere but a 40G liftoff was something to behold. Zero to Mach 2 in 2.3s ;o)
Chris