O engines

I have not seen an O-size engine yet. Can somebody tell me were?

Reply to
ajdewolf

Come to Balls-15 You'll see plenty.

Reply to
freda

Can somebody tell you where you have not seen an O-size engine? Sure. Everywhere you have been.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

ROFL!

Randy

<randyolb

On my screen that's about the size of a Micromax. I've seen loads of those!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Here you go;

Think the case is something like 2k and the reload 2k as well.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

The good Doctor, Frank Kosdon had an O10000. One of his motors was in my hotel room at a launch a number of years back. 4" by 6' if my memory serves.

Bruce Kirchner

Reply to
Bruce Kirchner

Got a old Rocketman video with a O10k on it. Oy veh...way loud!

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Yup, In a fiberglass casing no less....or as the legend goes to keep the mass fraction down. It comes with a 2.3 sec burn time. I'm not sure , but it might be a true 4" motor???

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

This particular motor was a typical Kosdon "Truly Reloadable Motor" - just bigger - Aluminum tube, graphite nozzle, snap rings, etc. Some guy from Wisconsin was trying to sell raffle tickets @ 100 bucks a pop for it. He wanted to sell 10 tickets and the winner would get the motor plus propellant. I don't think he was able to sell enough tickets.

It WAS a big arsed motor though!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Kirchner

We flew one out at Black Rock back in 2000 and it was a true 4" motor,

6ft long with an aluminium casing. We had a boosted dart on the front of it and just bolted our booster recovery onto the forward closure and bonded a fin can to the bottom of it. It was sweeeeeet. There's video out there of the launch somewhere but a 40G liftoff was something to behold. Zero to Mach 2 in 2.3s ;o)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck