DHS: Anti missile defense systems

2 yr program... Hopefully this will work and when it does, there goes one less argument for the BATFe to use against us.... now we can say, hey the airliners have antimissile defense systems so even if we did use hpr against airliners they would be destroyed.... sheesh...

do you think the BATFE even is aware this effort is going on ? Maybe somebody should contact the BATFE and say, hey guys, you no longer have to worry about hpr shooting down airliners, the DHS has it under control? wait a minute....we can still shoot down crop dusters right? blow up abrams tanks form 5 miles away..... hey! a new program for DHS....a 2 yr program on antimissile technology for tanks and other military vehicles! double sheesh...

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

?It is a cat-and-mouse game,? Albright said. ?You deploy what you can today to meet the threat that exists today ? and once you?re there you have to keep your eye on how the threat is evolving and make sure you have science and technology programs in place to meet those threats should they materialize.?

when I was in the USAF, the ECM guys (Electronic Counter Measures) were a highly classified group. As Albright suggested, once the enemy gets their hands on your technology, they can engineer ways to defeat it. So it is impertative that it be kept secure against theft.

how would such security of ECM equipment be acheived at airports and on aircraft, unless a new level of access restriction existed. The objective of a "bad guy" would not be to merely put an explosive device on a single plane, but rather to steal technology that could compromise entire fleets! A far bigger payoff in the long run.

But then, I'm just a troublesome rocket hobbyists, whay do I know about security issues.

Geez, if the BATFE were smart, they would be building bridges between us an them as are aligned to the extent that we genuinely want to preserve our way of life. Instead they are trying to wipe us out.

Foolish mindset.

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I'm not convinced that the ATF shares our concern for preserving our way of life. Their actions indicate that they are very much opposed to preserving the American way of life.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote in news:gu2Lb.94478$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyc.rr.com:

It isn't about rationale behaviour, it's about public relations. We're an easy target for people who want to appear to be "doing something" about terrorism. It's a lot easier to shut down HPR and claim that the lack of HPR based terrorist attacks is the successful result than it is to stop a more realistic threat.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

more info shockie B)