My LEUP Nightmare

Has any of you had an problems getting your approval as of lately ? Here is a quick overview of my nightmare of working with the BATFE.
1. Got approval from the fire chief to store my approved magazine in a barn and paid the $75 fee. 2. BATFE bitch came out and inspected my magazine and storage and said everything was fine and I should have my permit shortly. 3. Got a call a few weeks later saying that they couldn't approve my permit because of a sparking device was located near the magazine. The sparking device is a riding lawnmower. 4. I told the local BATFE bitch that many people have magazines in attached garages next to automobiles. 5. BATFE bitch said to write to letter for varience request. 6. Letter was forwarded to headquaters 7. Got letter back saying my request was rejected based on the sparking device. 8. Spoke to BATFE bitch and asked why a car is OK and why a riding lawnmower isn't. Maybe is sparks more was her response, what the %&*())__*&$$# !!! 9. Spoke to another BATFE agaent out of another office and he thought her judgement was weak. 10 The only alternative I have is to build a seperate building to store the magazine. I asked her what would be acceptable and what is a building the the BATFE eyes. Is a modified dog house OK ? I have one on the property that is not finsihed as of yet. Iasked if a Rubbermaid storage shed was OK, well I need to check was her answer. The bitch has to check everything with headquaters.
Do any of you have any good ideas ??
Thanks,
JJ BATFE Hater
jj wrote:

Step one would be to stop referring to her as a b**ch. If these emails come back to her and are traced to you (the information seems pretty straightforward as to who you are if she cares to look), you can bet you'll never get one.
While these may be your true feelings, it won't help you get the LEUP...
David Erbas-White
David Erbas-White wrote:

I'll second that. At one point as I was discussing the absurdity of some position the ATF was taking, my local inspector asked "do you WANT this permit?". Message received. After that we ended up working out most of our differences. You have to pick your battles.
If things get really absurd regarding arbitrary requirements the ATF is putting on you, you can always contact your Senator and/or Representative and ask for help obtaining a permit. They're not going to do more than lip service regarding changing the laws, but they do have staff to help you navigate existing laws.
VERY true--you can't fight beaurocracy, you simply have to conform...to an extent. While they won't make an ultimate decision solely based on your attitude, your attitude could porportionately reflect the number of hoops you'll have to jump through. Here's a good rule of thumb: if you can't dazzle them with intellect, baffle them with bullshit. ;)
bob352 wrote: Here's a good rule of thumb: if

If it worked for Bill Gates..... :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
That was real helpful. That can't deny you based on your true feelings. No matter how obnoxnoius I am.
jj wrote:

If you want to have a "Who is more obnoxious?" contest, I'm sure the BATFE could certainly pull their own weight.
In the end, Your far better off being friendly with the BATFE, than being combative.
On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:52:08 GMT, Dave Grayvis

But they love a good fight, earning another notch, etc. ;)
jj wrote:

Invite her over to your place to watch Master Blasters next Wednesday night. That should win her over...
Mario
She did look like the witch from the first episode on top of the house !

I wonder if she is reading these messages? ATF monitors this site and cringes everytime I simply post the regs as they exist right now.
Then they relax again after Ray and his ilk post saying ignore the regs, the club rules and ATF verbal notices and letter statements override the regulations.
They love it when a plan comes together without the hassle of public comment.

Yes. Call ATF in DC and complain. I've done it. It helped.
No problems with my initial application. Sounds like the person that came for my renewal was the same one you have.
My mag is in attached garage with riding lawmower.
"My mag is in attached garage with riding lawmower", that funny !!!!

Not as funny as you not being able to get a LEUP under the same conditions. If you have any sense, you'll concentrate on the message & not the typos.

"My mag is in attached garage with riding lawmower", that funny !!!!
I did call to complain. The cheif paper pusher is out until 9/05 and the acting paper pusher will not respond to any written complaints.
JJ

Ditto. Plus 2 cars, snow thrower, rototiller, weed wacker. If I listed the most dangerous things in my garage in case of a fire, the magazine wouldn't even make the top 20.
jj wrote:

Can You store the lawnmower in a different shed?
Since the BATFE already approved the barn, except for the lawnmower, it might be the easiest way to go. How big is Your mower?
No I don't have another place to store it. That would be the best option.