Another LEUP Question

Can a non-profit organization get an LEUP?

With the NPRM going final next year and Congress playing re-election politics, this might be an alternative to individual permits.

Rocky Firth

Reply to
Rocky Firth

I don't see why not.

Every individual listed on the permit who will have the ability to "exercise" the permit will need to submit a fingerprint card, get the background investigation, etc. But it's doable.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I seen somewhere that I can have a mag in my un-attached garage, Is this true? It's about the size of a four plus car.

John Hornsby

Reply to
a.hornsbyiii

Such as Black Powder.

Or this wonderful post from rec.pyrotechnics: "OK. Here it is. Per the BATFE licensing branch. To purchase, transport and store e-match for private non-public use with 1.4G fireworks you must have as a minimum a TYPE 60 users permit and a TYPE 4 indoor magazine. Will keep TPG informed on my progress to acquire above items. They are already mailing the applications for the permit. It was actually much less painful a process than I thought. Just sent them an e-mail laying out my usage and requested info. They responded within a day and were very helpful and informative. THANKS to all for comments."

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

ANY detached structure is not an "inhabited building", however its space

Nope wrong!

Distance for a Type4 Indoor magazine does not exist. The only time the orange book refers to distance table is when dealing with an outdoor magazine. If it were true I would not have my LEUP w/storage.

IF anyones Inspector makes an issue out of distance to the nearest inhabited building when your using a Type4 indoor magazine ask him to show you where it says that in the Orange book. (s)He wont be able to find it.

Reply to
Tim Summers

Pardon? How can I be wrong since my post did not address any ATF or

ANY detached structure is not an "inhabited building", however its space

Because the space or the distance is not an issue. If you were talking about some other issue then what is it?

Reply to
Tim Summers

Sure it is. Your agent will ask if you have talked to your fire marshal. Your fire marshal will have explained the local codes and in our case, indicated that 500 feet must separate any magazine, and an inhabited build. So while not in the orange book, the ATF still gets to screw you over.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Ok you got me there. But at a federal level assuming no other local or state rules interfere there is no issue.

Reply to
Tim Summers

Well, it wasn't to 'getcha', but if you don't eye all the regs, THEY might getcha!! ;)

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

That is a crazy assumption!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Tim Summers" wrote in news:3f438695 snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com:

However, many states and counties have explosives laws that include minimum distances for explosives storage, regardless of the type of magazine. And many countines and communities totally prohibit the storage of materials classified as explosives, regardless of whether they can actually explode or not.

Reply to
David W.