LEUP Requirements

I'm looking at applying for an LEUP, but I'm curious on what type of minimum enclosure is required to store rocket engines? Would a 4'x4' room (with door the locks) built into my garage and an old military magazine holder inside of the room be sufficient? The magazine would also have a padlock on it. What do the rest of you guys have?

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Joel. phx

Providing {of course} that the motor is not classified as a 'propellant actuated device', a type 4 magazine is required for storage of 'low explosives'. You can find storage requirements in the orange book by following the ATF link I provided above.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

For ATF purposes it need only be DEFINED as a PAD per ATF definition.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No enclosure. Surplus ammo cans with padlocks. On a shelf in the garage.

Bob Kaplow

When are you up for renewal?

Joel. phx

Joel Corwith

Over a year from now. If I even bother...

Bob Kaplow