What do you think they're worth?

Take a look at the collection of old kits at

and tell me what you think a stash like that might be worth.
John
P.S. It takes a while for all the pictures to load.
Reply to
John G 712
My God! Rivera has broken into Bob Craddock's secret vault! (Bob used to be called Howard Hughes)
I counted at least 3 Interceptors. It's a freakin' smogasboard.
Actually, since they're old and all, they probably aren't worth much but being the nice guy that I am, I'd give them $20 for the lot and even pay the shipping.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Hey Wolf,
They even have a couple of the Centuri Shuttles you were looking for about 5 years ago. I think we (rmr) ought to go together and get one for you, for keeping the FAQ all these years... if you still want it.
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Worthless.
I will come by tomorrow with an armored car^H^H^H^H^H^H dump truck to help dispose of it. ;O)
Seriously? Several thousand, easily, by a quick look. I'd offer $2K right now, for the whole lot.
Reply to
BB
Thou$ands! Holy Cow! I about had a seizure looking at all of that! Some people have all of the luck!
J.A. Michel
J.A. Michel

I'll give you $3,000
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau
Remove "My Shorts" to reply
Reply to
Doc
DOH! I wish I had the cash right now to outbid you, cuz I probably would go even higher. Would want to view the stuff first, to get an accurate inventory and determine the condition.
Seriously, the seller(s) may want to auction off the entire kit n' kaboodle all at once, to someone willing to take the risk of piecing it out one kit at a time on ebay. They probably wouldn't make as much, but the effort saved vs. auctioning each kit individually might be worth it.
Reply to
BB
$8,888.88
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
Reply to
Fred Shecter
C'mon, Pete - you don't HAVE to make that next car payment, do you? And those bunny wabbits could stand to go on a diet anyway, right? And your wife's grandmother's ring would SURE fetch a lot of money down at that pawn shop, don't you think?
"Maaaaagic Baaaaaalsa Dust.... Maaaaagic Baaaaaalsa Dust.... Maaaaagic Baaaaaalsa Dust.... "
Reply to
BB
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (PeteAlway) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com:
Thanks for making my day, Pete!!
len.
Reply to
Leonard Fehskens
What are they worth? Let's just say you could put a kid a good way through college on that stash. Seriously, that stuff needs to be in the Smithsonian (or in my basement).
Scott McCrate NAR 71680
Reply to
Scott McCrate
AW MAN! So many rockets, and so little money. Please keep me informed on the auction of those kits, they will bring a very good price, 20-100 bucks per kit, or more (depending on the drooling factor :-)
Thanks for the posting John. Brings back memories, as a kid I darn near built everyone of them.
KMJK
Reply to
Karl Martin Joseph Kowert
How much is your childhood worth? The picture with the Astron Spaceplane and the others almost brings a tear to these elderly eyes.... ghod, I love those things. Can't buy back lost youth, though. I'm going to keep saying that to myself for days to come, I think.. Braz NAR 12442
Reply to
elbraz
You are in violation of the Microsquash Secret Ownership of Everything policy and must pay a royalty of $1000 for every kit sold, or 110% of the sale price, whichever is greater.
In order to avoid any further unpleasant legal action, please ship the kits to Microsquash immediately. I shall be happy to act as your intermediary in this affair.
By the way, I have a really great deal on property in Florida.
Bill Sullivan
Reply to
The Rocket Scientist
10,000 quatloos for the newcomers.
Bob Kaplow
I checked with them and it turns out that there is still more than what is pictured. They didn't have time to photograph everything yet but they said they would be adding more photos in day or two.
John
Reply to
John G 712
Oh man..... I shouldn't have looked. So many models that I used to own, so many that I've always wanted to own.
It's just not right that all those kits are in one place. I haven't seen a display like that since I was in Mike Jungclas' basement, and most of his stuff was in boxes. Drool city.
I'm so thoroughly nostalgic and depressed now it's not funny.
I'd give you my first born right now (he's upstairs yelling at his "little" brother (6'4" 270lbs) and completely on my nerves) for the whole lot, and even let you keep the one item you like the most. :)
Bob Wiersbe
John G 712 wrote:
Reply to
Robert E. Wiersbe
I guess I've never seen Mike's basement. More stuff than my basement? Is that even possible?
I wonder if Mike is in the selling mood right now...
Bob Kaplow
I'll be there bright and early with my outhouse, V-2's, Coffee Creamer and other rockets. I'm a little leary about flying a J there w/o dual deployment, though. Lots of draggy stuff for me.
Mark A Palmer wrote:
Reply to
Mark Simpson
I have a suggestion. Try one real rocket too.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine