LEUP in New Jersey

I have decided to go ahead and apply for a LEUP. (It seems like I've lost the best part of the local rocket season hoping that legislation or the lawsuit would let me avoid this, but now I believe that that's going to be a long path.)

I think that my biggest obstacle may be the local fire marshal. I have found some nice websites on how to approach one's local officials, but they include analysis of state laws for other states. Has anyone in NJ put together an analysis that I can use? (I figure there are much more entertaining things that I can do than try to find all the relevant laws and regulations. :)

Thanks, Scott Alexander Warren, NJ

Reply to
Scott Alexander

Scott-

When I lived in NJ I had no troubles getting a LEUP.

In fact, I've now had a LEUP in five counties in four different states without any troubles.

All of the local fire marshals have been very reasonable. I explain that I am applying for an ATF permit to store hobby rocket motors and that the ATF requires that I notify my local fire dept. I give the marshal a plot plan showing my magazine location, and the MSDS sheets that Aerotech provides for their reloads. I also ask if there are any state or local regs that I should know about. Get a business card from the marshal and show it to your ATF agent when they come to inspect you.

That's been it for me.

-Jeff Taylor

Scott Alexander wrote:

Reply to