Trailer for Discovery Channel's "Rocket Challenge"

I found this trailer for the upcoming show. Although the show was shot at Argonia (mostly) the trailer is older footage. Still pretty cool.

Scroll down to "Rocket Challenge"

-JT

Reply to
Jeff Taylor

Very Cool! Can't wait to watch it!

Joe Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Is there any indication of when it will be aired?

Jonathan

"Remember to always keep the pointy end up."

---------------------------------------------------------------------- | Jonathan Sivier | Secretary, Central Illinois Aerospace | | snipped-for-privacy@uiuc.edu | NAR #56437 | | Flight Simulation Lab | Tripoli #1906 | | Beckman Institute | Home Address: | | 405 N. Mathews | 5 The Summit | | Urbana, IL 61801 | Champaign, IL 61820 | | 217/244-1923 | 217/359-8225 |

---------------------------------------------------------------------- | Home page URL:

Jonathan Sivier

November 8th is the date we (Tripoli) have been given thus far.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

We (NAR, TRA, or what the heck, rmr) should collect money to buy a commercial for hobby rocketry.

Zooty

(If I'm making sense again, I apologize. I'm still recovering from that concussion.)

Reply to
zoot

I THINK it's the "main" Discovery Channel. But I don't know with 100% certainty.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I had proposed that months ago, I even set up a site for it. The response was dismal, so I canceled the project.

Shrox

---------------------------------

zoot wrote:

Reply to
shrox

Dang. I was going to contribute, but that's one of the things that leaked out of my brain with the concussion.

I don't suppose a $10 donation would have made any difference, would it? All I could afford right now.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

I saw while surfing that Shrox is collecting money for a Public Service Announcement in support of Rocketry. Perhaps if enough contributions take place, the commeial could be aired during the show.

Reply to
Al Gloer

Reply to
Richard Hubbard

What has Jim's involvement in rocketry been?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He didn't invent LPR or HPR, but he did manage to get beyond the moon a couple of times.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

After I hit send I realized I didn't ask, what was his involvement in consumer rocketry?

You would have to be pretty dense to not have heard what he did for society at large (ie not just for a bunch of screaming self-hating whiners like I did).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Richard Hubbard