McMaster Carr Rocket Hardware.

Heres a helpful little list of items that McMaster sells used in Rocketry.

G-10 FR4 Sheets.

Epoxy glue Gun System.(great for inside fillets)
U-Bolts.
Eye bolts.
Qick Links
Nylon Shear pins(2-56 screws).
O-Rings.
Socket Head cap screws.
Nuts(as in Nuts and Bolts).
Wing nuts.
Blind Nuts(tee nuts).
Threaded Rod.
Clear Protective Cases for Motors.
Motor lubrication.

Tim Summers

G-10 FR4 Sheets.

Should be

Reply to
Tim Summers

don't forget kevlar thread:

JIM

Darren J Longhorn

The colored g-10 has the best specs. Don't for get nitrous plumbing. Gary Deaver

Reply to
Deaver

I just read r.m.r. when I need wing nuts...

Reply to
Tim

awesome! thanks for that!

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

-----------

It's a sign... You must follow the wishes of the Rocket Gods.

;-)

HDS

Reply to
HDS

And let's not forget:

Launch Rails (cheap!)

1000 - 6' - part no 60585K41 - $20.48 Series 1000 - 8' - part no 60585K61 - $26.56 Series 1500 - 8' - part no 60585K63 - $49.17

Reply to
Matt Stum

Why bother. It might as well be in your front yard the way they deliver.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Agreed! I *frequently* get next-day delivery, even up here in iglooland.

Thanks to Tim Summers tip, I've just ordered some plastic motor case protectors from them.

I've used McMaster for several years. They have such a comprehensive lineup of "stuff", that it's a little like some kind of Byzantine adventure novel--every time you go back to their catalog, you find something new that's applicable....

To Tims suggestions, I'll add (without page numbers, sorry) motor thrust rings. (Cleverly disguised as aluminum SHAFT COLLARS).

Reply to
Marcus Leech

They arrived early this morning. McMaster astounds me. They remind me a little bit of Isaac Asimovs treatise on thiotimoline...

Reply to
Marcus Leech

You still stuck with BS? Boy, I hated them. You'd see something there, need it a while later, and it was gone. No one ever knew why. They closed up all their stores around here when Home Despot moved in town. Now we're starting to get a few Lowes too. The midwest based Menards, and Elgin IL based Seigle's are sticking it out. Most of my house came from Seigle's.

Wasn't BS originally part of K-Mart?

I was just looking for a couple screws for a project. They ought to be about a nickle each in a place with bulk parts. One of the superstores had them in shrink wrap for 39 cents each!

Bob Kaplow

They have really good snapring pliers too.

-Rich

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

I have the "Hi-Tech" set from them. This is a good quality 3-plier set, with the largest pliers designed for rings up to 4", with a ratchet.

Handling 4" rings makes me nervous.

The big boys (that do snap-rings measured in *feet*) use a special type of "pliers" in which the pins are threaded into the retractor holes in the snap-ring. None of the sickening, mega-joule, *PLING* as the snap-ring leaves the pliers, and heads for Jupiter, taking a sample of human flesh with it :-) :-)

Reply to
Marcus Leech

When I get 20 lb NOX tanks I have to remove the handle and valve to install the siphon tube. The handle is held on with this monster snap ring. I'm very glad I invested 50 bucks in a set of ratcheting pliers from McMaster. If one of those things ever slips off it'll punch through drywall...if I'm lucky!

Reply to
Doug Pratt