McMaster Carr Rocket Hardware.

Heres a helpful little list of items that McMaster sells used in Rocketry.
G-10 FR4 Sheets. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum313
Epoxy glue Gun System.(great for inside fillets) http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum157
U-Bolts. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum82
Eye bolts. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum75
Qick Links http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum50
Nylon Shear pins(2-56 screws). http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum(72
O-Rings. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum198
Socket Head cap screws. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum(98
Nuts(as in Nuts and Bolts). http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum)62
Wing nuts. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum)80
Blind Nuts(tee nuts). http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum038
Threaded Rod. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum)55
Clear Protective Cases for Motors. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum68
Motor lubrication. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum67
--
-Tim Summers

TRA # 8793 Level 2
G-10 FR4 Sheets. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum313
Should be
G-10 FR4 Sheets. http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum314

http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/tzone01.wav
JIM wrote:

awesome! thanks for that!

-----------
It's a sign... You must follow the wishes of the Rocket Gods.
;-)
HDS
The colored g-10 has the best specs. Don't for get nitrous plumbing. Gary Deaver
And let's not forget:
Launch Rails (cheap!) http://www.mcmaster.com/asp/enter.asp?pagenum6 Series 1000 - 6' - part no 60585K41 - $20.48 Series 1000 - 8' - part no 60585K61 - $26.56 Series 1500 - 8' - part no 60585K63 - $49.17

I just read r.m.r. when I need wing nuts...
snipped-for-privacy@rocketryonline.com (Doug Pratt) wrote:

Why bother. It might as well be in your front yard the way they deliver.
Jerry
(Doug Pratt) wrote:

Agreed! I *frequently* get next-day delivery, even up here in iglooland.
Thanks to Tim Summers tip, I've just ordered some plastic motor case protectors from them.
I've used McMaster for several years. They have such a comprehensive lineup of "stuff", that it's a little like some kind of Byzantine adventure novel--every time you go back to their catalog, you find something new that's applicable....
To Tims suggestions, I'll add (without page numbers, sorry) motor thrust rings. (Cleverly disguised as aluminum SHAFT COLLARS).
snipped-for-privacy@propulsionpolymers.com (Marcus Leech) wrote in message wrote in message

They arrived early this morning. McMaster astounds me. They remind me a little bit of Isaac Asimovs treatise on thiotimoline...
snipped-for-privacy@rocketryonline.com (Doug Pratt) writes:

You still stuck with BS? Boy, I hated them. You'd see something there, need it a while later, and it was gone. No one ever knew why. They closed up all their stores around here when Home Despot moved in town. Now we're starting to get a few Lowes too. The midwest based Menards, and Elgin IL based Seigle's are sticking it out. Most of my house came from Seigle's.
Wasn't BS originally part of K-Mart?
I was just looking for a couple screws for a project. They ought to be about a nickle each in a place with bulk parts. One of the superstores had them in shrink wrap for 39 cents each!
They have really good snapring pliers too. -Rich

I have the "Hi-Tech" set from them. This is a good quality 3-plier set, with the largest pliers designed for rings up to 4", with a ratchet.
Handling 4" rings makes me nervous.
The big boys (that do snap-rings measured in *feet*) use a special type of "pliers" in which the pins are threaded into the retractor holes in the snap-ring. None of the sickening, mega-joule, *PLING* as the snap-ring leaves the pliers, and heads for Jupiter, taking a sample of human flesh with it :-) :-)
When I get 20 lb NOX tanks I have to remove the handle and valve to install the siphon tube. The handle is held on with this monster snap ring. I'm very glad I invested 50 bucks in a set of ratcheting pliers from McMaster. If one of those things ever slips off it'll punch through drywall...if I'm lucky!