Guv Bob and McMaster-Carr

So...is it just me or does it seem odd/wierd/stupid/silly/whatever invective you'd like to use here/ that Guv Bob pops in, spouts some problems he had with a supplier and pops out, never once responding to anything that was said ABOUT his problems, either in defense of his stance or to add more info, hopefully, never to be seen again.

The ultimate troll...wades in, throws the chum in the water hoping that the sharks(that's us) will attack, wades out, and watches the waters get churned up.

I will say that it's funny that even those who have had problems with McM-C STILL don't give him the satisfaction of a good fight!

And has anyone ever heard from him before this? I haven't, but admittedly, I have 62,776 messages not downloaded from this group.

Have a great day, People!!!

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

Mike,

IMO, you hit the nail on the head.

I've had maybe 2 dozen orders(typically small $50-100)with Mcmaster-Carr in the last couple years. Zero billing problems, and nothing for me to complain about.

One recent shipment from Mcmaster, the box arrived empty except for the packing slip & the plasitc air filled bags. The item: a special spanner wrench was thin enough, and heavy enough, to flex the box & slip under the flaps & out of the box during shipment. I called Mcmaster, and explained what I thought had happened. They immediately sent out a replacement wrench at no charge. You can't beat that kind of service... not in todays world.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The only issues I've had with them is when I buy two items and it comes from two locations driving up shipping costs.

Last year I ordered some items and when checking out forgot that I had killed the debit card on file due to card loss. McMaster sent me the stuff anyway. They contacted me after shipping for another form of payment.

Darn fine company and most of the stuff I order from them is US made.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

mysql> select * from rcm where Sender like '% snipped-for-privacy@bigfootyeooooow.com%'; Empty set (4.28 sec)

(table rcm contains 82391 records, but excludes any x-posted to > 4 groups, so his post never made it here.

Checking googlegroups, I see it went to five: alt.home.repair, alt.machines.cnc, rec.crafts.metalworking, sci.electronics.components, rec.woodworking Also according to googlegroups, that *was* his only post ever to this group.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Steve Ackman

My next McMaster order will be made in honor of Guv Bob.

Stephen R.

Reply to
S R

That's what I thought...so kinda like an outside consultant...swoops in, shit all over the place, then go home, saying to yourself "My work here is done!"

Reply to
The Davenport's

I'm sure he'll think well of it! {:>

Mike