My LEUP Nightmare

Not nearly as inconvenient as they are for everyone else. The Feds can ignore them and do as they please, until a judge puts a stop to it.

Reply to
raydunakin

Why don't you report those individuals and find out? To whom would you report them?

raydunakin

I for one find it highly ironic that the very agencies designated to "protect" us from the inherent dangers of this hobby have so often displayed that THEY themselves are collectively the most feared aspect of handling/storing these materials. I work in law enforcement, and from what I can construe from these posts, I personally feel that BATFE's efforts should be focused upon individuals engaged in ex/amateur rocketry, not the end user of the legitimately manufactured product. The processes that the manufacturers go through to attain approval and permission to market these products are structured to ensure that a safe, 'consumer-friendly' product is delivered, ultimately, to the individuals who qualify to utilize them in the manner for which they are designed. The regulations "horse" is beaten to near death by the time these motors have been produced, tested, transported, stored, sold and used. It would appear that, at least from my personal view, that more regulation is NOT going to save anyone's life (or the world, for that matter). While I do not believe that the government is out to impede or obstruct the hobby/industry, I do feel that this beaureaucratic micro-management of all aspects of HPR may do just that. However, OTH, to qualify my response to Shockie's "yes/no" thread, I feel that if one aspect of the hobby (HPR) is tightly scrutinized, then yes, I do believe that other aspects(i.e., mid-power and model) should be subjected to these policies also. Simply, it may help to disseminate a lot of the "grey area" that these agencies can't seem to apply a consistent set criteria for regulation to. For what it's worth, Rant Concluded

Reply to
bob352

Why, because you're a felon?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Clueless.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

jerry, If you are "clueless", why are you even bothering to respond?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

At this point, the further regulation of rocketry has nothing to do with safety. All the safety-related regs necessary are already in place. The ATF's efforts have one purpose only, and that is to keep rocketry materials out of the hands us mere citizens.

Reply to
raydunakin

I agree.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why not improve your prospects by getting a ruling exempt goods are simply not subject to restrictions?

Do you plan to handle "non-exempt explosives"?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Gee, good idea Jerry! Hmm, how would one go about doing that? Oh, I remember -- through the courts! Looks like someone will have to file a suit against ATF to get that ruling. In fact, that would be a real good joint project for TRA/NAR!

Reply to
raydunakin

Jerry Irvine wrote: >>

That's fine, too, but in the short term, I don't see anything wrong with just complying with the regulations.

We need to obtain landowner permission. We need to obtain insurance. We need to obtain launch approval from the FAA or Transport Canada or whatever. We need to get certified by an appropriate rocketry association. We do all that - so why not just get the LEUP, too, and be done with it?

...Rick

Jerry Irv>

Reply to
Rick Dunseith

Nope. From the regional office by reading the regs to them.

Word for word. They are dense.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe they are, but they're not so stupid as to butt heads with ATF HQ. But if you think you could pull this off, please do so! Be sure to post the ruling when you get it. Make sure they put it in writing. Any bureaucrat who promises you something but refuses to put it in writing is blowing smoke up your nozzle, and whatever they've told you isn't worth the paper it's not printed on. Especially when it against the published policy handed down to them from HQ.

raydunakin