Tuskegee Airmen honored

Stephen Tontoni

About time too.

flak monkey

On Mar 31, 7:16=EF=BF=BDam, "flak monkey" wrot= e:

Hilarious bit of footage with Sen Boehner ("that's bay-ner!") mispronouncing Tuskegee (Tuske-GEE) about seven times. Then Bush nails it the first time (Tuske-ghee) and the airmen applauded.

Reply to
tomcervo

bush must have better baby sitters?

Reply to
someone

Boehner and Bush? There just HAS TO be a really good routine in there somewhere.

Several of the Tuskegee vets live in the SF Bay Area. They are always interesting and good to talk with. Too few true heroes left.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Several in the Seattle area; I met Ed Drummond and Bill Holloman several times. Built a P-39 for Bill. Great guy... he spoke for an hour and a half at NorthWest Scale Modelers display year before last. Then he came back the whole next day to hang out with airplane geeks. Helluva guy.

I went to the opening of the Tuskegee exhibit at the Museum of Flight in Seattle (and I built the P-51 in that display). Met a lot of great people that evening.

Yes, it's about time for recognition!

--- Stephen Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni